Juice prices

10 minutes ago, MMfan14 said:

I'd like to know if you don't have the bubbles package what are the costs

Juice from concentrate is available at no charge at meals. Fresh squeezed is around $6 IIRC.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

Here is a Fresh Squeezed menu capture from breakfast last week, but many juices are free at breakfast.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1d0c7176f1c9d8e5e114a566af70d455.jpeg

And here are the free choices at breakfast

image.thumb.jpeg.852839837fbfa6e7705a2c86ebc1e3c8.jpeg

I found our last invoice and yep, $5 plus 18% is $5.90. It was then that I found out fresh squeezed juice is no longer included in Cheers.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I found our last invoice and yep, $5 plus 18% is $5.90. It was then that I found out fresh squeezed juice is no longer included in Cheers.

And it was also not an option for us as the complimentary beverage at sea day brunch (for Platinum/Diamond).  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

And it was also not an option for us as the complimentary beverage at sea day brunch (for Platinum/Diamond).  

The VIPF T&Cs have gotten more specific... "One (1) complimentary specialty coffee, soda or alcoholic beverage with a value no greater than $16.00 + gratuity at Seaday Brunch."  I don't recall them previously being this specific so as not to mention juices being included, but the intent is probably to exclude fresh-squeezed juices.

Also, they've slipped in this new restriction for the free drink at SeaDay Brunch... "Redeemable on the last day of the cruise."  I'm certain this was not previously a restriction, because I've definitely gotten my free brunch drink on the first sea day.  Carnival is really getting slimy making these benefits more difficult to use.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The VIPF T&Cs have gotten more specific... "One (1) complimentary specialty coffee, soda or alcoholic beverage with a value no greater than $16.00 + gratuity at Seaday Brunch."  I don't recall them previously being this specific so as not to mention juices being included, but the intent is probably to exclude fresh-squeezed juices.

Also, they've slipped in this new restriction for the free drink at SeaDay Brunch... "Redeemable on the last day of the cruise."  I'm certain this was not previously a restriction, because I've definitely gotten my free brunch drink on the first sea day.  Carnival is really getting slimy making these benefits more difficult to use.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions

That last day thing is only for ships without brunch (is that still a thing?) and has been part of it for a long time. It's nice they increased the payout to $16, previously it was $10

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

That last day thing is only for ships without brunch (is that still a thing?) and has been part of it for a long time. It's nice they increased the payout to $16, previously it was $10

I don't read it that way...

"One (1) complimentary specialty coffee, soda or alcoholic beverage with a value no greater than $16.00 + gratuity at Seaday Brunch. On ships where brunch is not available, a complimentary beverage will be offered at Breakfast or Lunch in the Main Dining Room. Redeemable on the last day of the cruise. Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed by adults of applicable legal drinking age."

Seems like if they intended it to apply only to breakfast or lunch, they would have said, "On ships where brunch is not available, a complimentary beverage will be offered at Breakfast or Lunch in the Main Dining Room, [comma] redeemable on the last day of the cruise."

In any event, I'm not aware of any ships that don't have brunch at all.  I know on longer itineraries with multiple consecutive sea days they will do separate breakfast and lunch instead of brunch on some days.  But I don't know what the exact criteria are... maybe on longer itineraries with 3 or more consecutive sea days (like transoceanic repositioning cruises).  I know that on closed loop US cruises with just 2 consecutive sea days, I've only seen brunch served on those sea days.

38 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I don't read it that way...

"One (1) complimentary specialty coffee, soda or alcoholic beverage with a value no greater than $16.00 + gratuity at Seaday Brunch. On ships where brunch is not available, a complimentary beverage will be offered at Breakfast or Lunch in the Main Dining Room. Redeemable on the last day of the cruise. Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed by adults of applicable legal drinking age."

Seems like if they intended it to apply only to breakfast or lunch, they would have said, "On ships where brunch is not available, a complimentary beverage will be offered at Breakfast or Lunch in the Main Dining Room, [comma] redeemable on the last day of the cruise."

In any event, I'm not aware of any ships that don't have brunch at all.  I know on longer itineraries with multiple consecutive sea days they will do separate breakfast and lunch instead of brunch on some days.  But I don't know what the exact criteria are... maybe on longer itineraries with 3 or more consecutive sea days (like transoceanic repositioning cruises).  I know that on closed loop US cruises with just 2 consecutive sea days, I've only seen brunch served on those sea days.

I don't know why they kept the "on ships without seaday brunch" part. I guess they're keeping it in there in case they ever decide to phase out sea day brunch.

You can redeem you free seaday brunch drink during any seaday brunch seating. Again, the last day of the cruise thing is only for ships that don't have seaday brunch (which as we've discussed is not a thing at present).

Recently on Panorama I requested cranberry juice for breakfast and they wanted to see my card. I had enjoyed free cranberry at breakfast on prior cruises. Pineapple, tomato, orange, etc. are all still free. The "fresh squeezed" is extra. There's always the juice machines on the Lido as well.

1 hour ago, salty dingo said:

Recently on Panorama I requested cranberry juice for breakfast and they wanted to see my card. I had enjoyed free cranberry at breakfast on prior cruises. 

It's not included in the list of complimentary juices on the MDR menu in post #6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It's not included in the list of complimentary juices on the MDR menu in post #6.

That's true, and I wasn't paying attention. I am frequently surprised about what the wait staff will bring when asked that is not on the menu.

A couple of cruises ago, a tablemate at dinner was asking a Filipino waiter about a specific local dish for breakfast. The waiter replied the crew has it frequently. When the tablemate said he wished he could try it the waiter said he would arrange for it, and the Filipino meal was specially prepared for the guest and served to him the next morning.

Ok, well I got way off topic for a juice post. I guess the moral of the story is that it doesn't hurt to ask for the juice you want, and if they tell you it costs extra you can reconsider.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

Is it correct that fresh squeezed is included on the bubbles package but not the cheers package?  I'll want to let my teen know if so...

TIA

NO it is not included in Bubbles.

The juices that are covered in Bubbles are mixer type juices - pineapple juice, cranberry juice, etc., served out of small cans at the bars.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

Is it correct that fresh squeezed is included on the bubbles package but not the cheers package?  I'll want to let my teen know if so...

TIA

No, the fresh squeezed juices are not included in any package that I know of.

Here's a link to the package details. Interestingly, cranberry juice is included in the package whereas it's not on the breakfast menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, salty dingo said:

Here's a link to the package details. Interestingly, cranberry juice is included in the package whereas it's not on the breakfast menu.

I don't see where it makes any distinction. We get concentrate included with the cruise, so including that in a paid program seems to be a bit ingenuous.

On 3/22/2024 at 12:51 PM, salty dingo said:

So - if you don't have cheers, or bottomless bubbles, I'm guessing there's an upcharge if you order Cranberry Juice at breakfast?  (I just want to be prepared!)

1 hour ago, wrcjr98 said:

So - if you don't have cheers, or bottomless bubbles, I'm guessing there's an upcharge if you order Cranberry Juice at breakfast?  (I just want to be prepared!)

Correct, $3 or so per glass.

When I cruised on Horizon in October I was given cranberry juice at breakfast free of charge. This was on a B2B total of 14 days, so it must have been many times. Looking back at a breakfast menu I downloaded in June, cranberry was not listed - so I guess I just got lucky.