Faroe Islands Help...please

We're scheduled to stop at Torshavn (Faroe Islands) on 21 August 2024.  My question is: 

Based upon your experience or knowledge, what's the likelihood of a small (Oceania's Sirena, 20,000 tons and 680 pax) hip missing the port due to weather, seas, etc.?

I'm looking into excursions and some DIY do not offer refunds if ship misses port.

Any help or insights offered will be greatly appreciated.

Greg

22 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

We're scheduled to stop at Torshavn (Faroe Islands) on 21 August 2024.  My question is: 

Based upon your experience or knowledge, what's the likelihood of a small (Oceania's Sirena, 20,000 tons and 680 pax) hip missing the port due to weather, seas, etc.?

I'm looking into excursions and some DIY do not offer refunds if ship misses port.

Any help or insights offered will be greatly appreciated.

Greg

We did a Viking cruise (980 passengers) in Sept 2023 and made it to the Faröe Islands but missed the Shetland Islands due to weather.  I had seen a lot of reports from people on that itinerary in the past saying they’d missed it, though.  You might want to go with a ship excursion or a DIY one that offers refunds, just in case.

• Thanks 1

We are scheduled to stop in both Runavik and Torshavn this July.  Last week I was messaging with a tour guide and he said that in 2023 there were 2 cruise ships that could not dock in Runavik due to weather.  The port of Torshavn did not have any cruise ship cancellations due to weather.

• Thanks 1