Silver Nova, any issues with a connecting door cabin?

C-sea

Hi All,

1. We will be on a transpacific Alaska to Tokyo in Sept. Are there any bothersome issues with a connecting door cabin on Nova, we are not utilizing it.

Thank you A Tucson Guy, was the connecting door right near the entrance, across from the bath door, and did you still have the full hall vanity desk with laundry bin?

I am currently in 6052 with a connecting door immediately next to the cabin door. No noise at all from next door. I have a cabinet above the laundry bin with 3 shelves. The vanity space is about 3 feet wide. I have occasionally heard the neighbor’s tv while in my suite. I know

from being on my veranda that my neighbor is hard of hearing as he speaks quite loudly so I assume he has the tv volume turned up quite high. Fortunately they do not have the tv on very often. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:14 AM, A Tucson Guy said:

We were in 6088 on the Nova with a connecting door and there were no noise issues. 

I am very interested to know about this stateroom.

This is a aft position stateroom and I am wondering whether was there any noise disturbance from the bar below?

I have this impression that the view from the balcony on this stateroom is amazing. If you could post some pictures of balcony views would be greatly appreciated.

13 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

I am currently in 6052 with a connecting door immediately next to the cabin door. No noise at all from next door

TakingFlight, your suite 6052 is directly above the stage area with the piano in the Dolce Vita lounge on deck 5.  Have you experienced any noise coming from this area?  We were on the Dawn last year and were on deck 6 directly above the stage area where there were audio speakers in the ceiling.  All of the suites on deck 6 above this area complained about the noise and vibration from the speakers, especially during afternoon trivia and in the evening during special events.  We enjoy being on deck 6, but wonder if there are certain areas that are affected by the music or other events in the Dolce Vita lounge on the Nova.

12 hours ago, agape01 said:

I am very interested to know about this stateroom.

This is a aft position stateroom and I am wondering whether was there any noise disturbance from the bar below?

I have this impression that the view from the balcony on this stateroom is amazing. If you could post some pictures of balcony views would be greatly appreciated.

We heard no noise from the restaurant below- go for it.

3 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

TakingFlight, your suite 6052 is directly above the stage area with the piano in the Dolce Vita lounge on deck 5.  Have you experienced any noise coming from this area?  We were on the Dawn last year and were on deck 6 directly above the stage area where there were audio speakers in the ceiling.  All of the suites on deck 6 above this area complained about the noise and vibration from the speakers, especially during afternoon trivia and in the evening during special events.  We enjoy being on deck 6, but wonder if there are certain areas that are affected by the music or other events in the Dolce Vita lounge on the Nova.

I counted the number of steps between my cabin and the piano in DV. I think that cabin 6050 is the one directly above the piano. Either way, we can’t hear any noise from the lounge in our cabin. 

2 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

we can’t hear any noise from the lounge in our cabin. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond back to my concern regarding potential noise.  We prefer deck 6 midship but after our time in suite 639 aboard the Dawn, we always look to see where the suite is located in relation to the entertainment area in Dolce Vita before booking on deck 6.