Luggage Tags

You,d think I would know considering how many cruises I have done but can someone enlighten me how long before your cruise  Luggage Tags become available to download

Link is highlighted/available in my cruise control

Offers me the download but when I click that link I only get a quick origami course on how to fold them

🤔

3 hours ago, Andy24v said:

Hi Jim, it's 2 weeks before the cruise..

Thanks Andy

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

There appears to be an issue with the  tickets.  Try to download but its just cycling around.

Yeah tried periodically over the last week or so and its been like  D.Hope they are available soon as not wanting any faffing about at the airport or port on arrival

On 3/21/2024 at 9:57 PM, Jim The Scot said:

Thanks Andy

Yeah tried periodically over the last week or so and its been like  D.Hope they are available soon as not wanting any faffing about at the airport or port on arrival

I did message marella and they are saying its a software issue.  Probably same issue that makes the specialty dining not bookable at the moment.   They did send me a blank one so if not fixed I'll be doing it myself.  The queue at airport will be a pain if very few have passes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

I did message marella and they are saying its a software issue.  Probably same issue that makes the specialty dining not bookable at the moment.   They did send me a blank one so if not fixed I'll be doing it myself.  The queue at airport will be a pain if very few have passes.

Thanks D

Yeah I gave them a call yesterday and got the same response as you.They emailed me  the blank ones you posted.

Forgot to ask whilst on the phone but guessing we will have the same issue with the boarding passes?they,re not available to download yet

Ps software issue?No software issue if you want to book excursions😉

Edited by Jim The Scot

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2024 at 11:11 AM, Jim The Scot said:

Ps software issue?No software issue if you want to book excursions😉

Is it just me then ....?

Try to book Dining says 

"Unfortunately, Speciality Dining is not yet available to book on your chosen date, please check back again later."

Trying to book excursions 
Just loads an empty page !  - tried 2 different browsers on PC  same issue

Trying on the phone app (android) - App won't go past splash screen

for a 3rd May cruise

Edited by bob_a_builder

Ok - thanks, not been aware of the actual booking windows before.
Have always been what I think is a late booker, a month or so before sailing, and have not bumped into any restrictions before ( just lucky perhaps)
But the fact its just a blank screen rather than some sort of notification message and the fact that the phone app is not allowing me in at all was/is starting to concern 

Posted (edited)

Certainly sounds like they,re still having issues bob.I,d give them a quick bell just in case

We,re off in a few days and on our  cruise control,cant download luggage tags,boarding passes but when I checked a few days ago able to book excursions,not sure about dining

If they are having software problems which having been going on for weeks cant be difficult for them to inform their customers via their website

Forget that,obviously it is too difficult for them 😆

Theres one thing,very little of TUI/Marella profits goes towards their website/IT department

Edited by Jim The Scot

After multiple calls (5 actually), to different CS agents all offering varying reasons/excuses as to why I am unable to book excursions. 
On the last call I have finally been told excursion booking opens 30 days before cruise date !
I'll try again then,

But the blank screens I'm seeing are filling me with confidence 
Surely the web site could inform me of that window rather than just blank me !

I've been having the same issue, so I called into our local TUI shop earlier, and asked them if I can book an excursion for our cruise on 31st May. 

"Certainly" they said, until they tried to bring up the excursion page - blank screen. Seems like a technical issue.

Just checking my emails, regarding our last cruise on 28th October 2023, we booked dining on 27th August, and excursions on 10th September. Both much earlier than 30 days before.

Yes, Looks like the 30 days thing is something like 'buying time' to get the issue fixed.
When I 1st called, they tried the 'Yes, we have had reports of a problem today...."  - although I had had the problem every day for the previous 5 days
On the 5 calls I had, it was a different excuse each time before they came up with that one - which is difficult to argue against
I also went into shop today, they said they wouldn't be able to see anything any different from me, and they couldn't  ! - just the blank screen too
Putting aside the actual booking issue to one side, they have been unable to even provide a list of possible excursions and pricing so you might plan your trips - How many umpteen times have they run this cruise before and must have all those ducks in a row even if they are unable to take a booking for them

• Like 1

The 30 days rule must be either something new or as previously said an excuse. I’ve been looking at my booking for the end of April repo and they’ve only just started coming on in dribs and drabs but last year I booked in March for a cruise at the end of July! My start of July one this year is showing nothing and the app definitely has problems, there is a way to show on the Apple App by clicking on the blank looking box in the top left hand corner. This brings up my current trips.

Good luck

Still no change for me !  even now inside the recently invented '30 day' rule ?
Still no visibility of excursions or dining options
Been on phone today, claim they will be sending me an email with the possible options 
Lets see if that happens ....

Posted (edited)

Thanks 
Yes I have tried that on the phone app

and on the PC if you go direct to the Cruise Control page
https://www.marellacruisecontrol.tui.co.uk/login
You have to log in each time anyway
Still no joy

One possibility, could be due to still having a 'red dot' on one of the Cruise control sections, which they did blame as one of the reasons I might not have access to the Excursions/Dining sections ?

Initially I had 2 red dots
I was able to clear the red dot on the Travel Information section by adding requested info
But when clicking on Passport info (already entered on same day as booking) which is also marked with red dot. 
On the next screen it confirms all data is entered , so there is no further information reqd

And it seems to be stuck in that un-resolvable loop 
Whether thats really limiting my access, only TUI know but can't resolve, but do say others are having problem too

Edited by bob_a_builder

Still the same for us, no dining or excursions for our May 31st trip.

On a positive note, I've logged into Cruise Control so many times, I've managed to memorise our booking number..

3 hours ago, Andy24v said:

Still the same for us, no dining or excursions for our May 31st trip.

On a positive note, I've logged into Cruise Control so many times, I've managed to memorise our booking number..

Our trip on June 3rd has dining and spa treatments but no excursions as yet.

Just logged in this morning to a full schedule of Excursions, dining and spar treatments for mine at the end of April so 🤞 they’re sorting out their problems 

We dont go till July but our schedule of speciality dining/ excursions are open for first three days.Gib rock tour excursion is sold out already however not an issue for us as we do the local rock tour

Our intention is to go for a special meal as a family,4 ad and 1 child but doesnt accept bookings for more than 4 and to enquire once on the ship🤔,not much good if by that time its fully booked especially as we are limited to dine before 7-30 due to the child.To counteract that we will need to book two tables,a table for three and table for two and hope the can push them together

Well, No surprises there then
Didn't receive the promised email from Excursions team as stated on Thursday
Nor the promised follow up call on Monday to check that email had arrived

On, todays call . I explain it all again , get "Ok Sir, this time I'm going to put your thru direct to Excursions team" -- holding muzac
"Hello, I'm X from the Reservations team....." , " Oh No I don't have any visibility of excursions" - I'll have to email them and get back to you 

Its a comedy of errors, they are totally incompetent, and there is no accountability since you can never get back to the same person, so they continue to fob you off each time

• 2 weeks later...

After that  last call, I did call into the local TUI shop, with much the same result, one of the girls did try to call into Marella on my behalf, but even though she was staff they refused to speak to her, since was not the LEAD passenger ! - So left none the wiser. To her credit she kept trying after I had left the shop and called me later that day, informing that the would be available 2 week before, and it wasn't just me and no-one else would have had earlier access
Checked tonight and they are now at last available as she said. 2 weeks before cruise date

The dining options had already become available about 3 week before cruise date

Who knows whether this is the new normal or there was just some internal web site issue 
Anyway case closed as far as excursions on this cruise (Adriatic Explorer - 3rd May) is concerned