Carnival Dream in New Orleans, and Other Ships Other Places

Tonight I was listening to a podcast and the hosts were talking about cruise lines. One of them mentioned that the Carnival Dream used to be based out of New Orleans, which got me wondering about what other (large and small) ships have had their homes moved after a long stint at a specific home port?

Also, which ships would you like to see relocated (from and to) to and what type of itinerary would you want to Carnival sail?

For me, I really enjoyed the Dream and would love to see it based in NYC. I'm a tad disappointed Carnival is doing "Carnival Italian style" out of NYC for branding reasons (among other things). I'd love to see some Carnival journeys out of NYC- up to Montreal or down to PR. 

Ships that used to sail out of NYC: Miracle, Dream, Glory, Splendor, Vista, Horizon, Sunshine, Sunrise, Magic

Vista and Sunrise did journey cruises

in 2020 the Legend and Mardi Gras was planned to do a few cruises out of NYC, that never happen

• Like 1

Just about every ship in the fleet has had multiple home ports. Only Horizon, Panorama, Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Jubilee are on their first deployments. You could theoretically add Radiance to the list if you ignore her career as Victory as she never entered service in Galveston before being deployed to Long Beach.

The Fantasy class (Elation, Paradise) and the original four from the Spirit class (Spirit, Miracle, Pride, Legend) are probably the most well traveled. Spirit and Legend in particular have spent time in Australia.

Sunshine "debuted" in New Orleans before eventually making it to Port Canaveral, Charleston, and soon to be Norfolk. Her real debit was as the Destiny out of Miami.

• Like 1