45 day check-in time?

This is my first west coast cruise.  I normally set my calendar for the day before at or before midnight to check in and get the early slot.  Watching a suggestion video i heard checkin was midnight in the time zone of the host city.  Does that mean it's 3am eastern? It's a Seattle cruise.  

I would not lose sleep over checking in.

Twelve hours after midnight might only result in a 30 minute later check-in time which in most cases is moot.

If you are within 30 minutes of your check-in time, no one cares. Early or late.

I have arrived in ports for the past 18 months when they open. There are cordoned off areas for the check in times that everyone bypasses.

Royal wants to process and get everyone aboard ship. The assigned times do not seem to matter at this point as much as they would want you to believe.

I just checked in yesterday, late after I went to krogers and gave up on them.

Supposed to be midnight ship time, but wasnt working on the app or online, even yesterday morning still not working. So I went off to do errands. Missed the 10:30 am check I,  got 11 am. My friend got 11:30 .. their fault. Aggravating to keep trying and it's not open. Keep your patience under control. 

Thanks for the advice.  To each his/her own.  I like to follow the rules and I like to be prepared.  Ship time is what I thought. Royals app/online systems are always wonky. I will schedule accordingly. Ty

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just checked in yesterday, late after I went to krogers and gave up on them.

Supposed to be midnight ship time, but wasnt working on the app or online, even yesterday morning still not working. So I went off to do errands. Missed the 10:30 am check I,  got 11 am. My friend got 11:30 .. their fault. Aggravating to keep trying and it's not open. Keep your patience under control. 

Again, arrived at three ports at about 10:45am after parking and walking to the terminal entrances. I saw two cordoned off approach lines marked 11am and 11:30am arrival lines completely empty as the employees guided everyone directly into the the terminal without checking any SetSail passes. We were processed immediately and sat in chairs for only about ten minutes on two of those occasions, and immediately boarded.

Key and Suite passengers (who were physically present) were called and after about ten minutes, we were allowed to board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miyanc said:

Thanks for the advice.  To each his/her own.  I like to follow the rules and I like to be prepared.  Ship time is what I thought. Royals app/online systems are always wonky. I will schedule accordingly. Ty

As for rules, I was within 30 minutes of my reserved arrival time.

It was Royal who was not enforcing their own rules or policy.

I would have happily waited for my arrival time should Royal direct me to the empty holding queues but it did not seem to matter to them.

Royal sets their policy. If they do not follow their own policy, how am I not following the "rules?"

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Again, arrived at three ports at about 10:45am after parking and walking to the terminal entrances. I saw two cordoned off approach lines marked 11am and 11:30am arrival lines completely empty as the employees guided everyone directly into the the terminal without checking any SetSail passes. We were processed immediately and sat in chairs for only about ten minutes on two of those occasions, and immediately boarded.

Key and Suite passengers (who were physically present) were called and after about ten minutes, we were allowed to board.

Look I get it.  On our last cruise to Aruba out of ft lauderdale or Miami I don't remember but it was terrible.  Nobody knew where to go or what line to be in.  And to make it worse, 3-4 different royal employees came out and gave 5-6 different set of instructions.  We were waiting in line and yet others just walked up and got in an they were not suite or key.  After 30 minutes others from our line just walked in.  Other ports have been run better.  We still just try and follow the rules.  Which includes trying to get the early boarding, and then arrive at that time.  I can't effect rcl as well as the crowd.

1 minute ago, miyanc said:

Look I get it.  On our last cruise to Aruba out of ft lauderdale or Miami I don't remember but it was terrible.  Nobody knew where to go or what line to be in.  And to make it worse, 3-4 different royal employees came out and gave 5-6 different set of instructions.  We were waiting in line and yet others just walked up and got in an they were not suite or key.  After 30 minutes others from our line just walked in.  Other ports have been run better.  We still just try and follow the rules.  Which includes trying to get the early boarding, and then arrive at that time.  I can't effect rcl as well as the crowd.

I apologize if I came off gruff.

I have lived a lifetime following "rules."

I would not butt in line in front of anyone. I would not try to take advantage of a weak spot in the system.

My point only was to say, do not sweat waking up at ten minutes into your 45 day check-in period at midnight over 30 minutes of getting onboard because that 30 minute "window" is just a policy and not law.

Please have a great cruise and enjoy. It is not suppose to be stressful just to check in.

😁

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I apologize if I came off gruff.

I have lived a lifetime following "rules."

I would not butt in line in front of anyone. I would not try to take advantage of a weak spot in the system.

My point only was to say, do not sweat waking up at ten minutes into your 45 day check-in period at midnight over 30 minutes of getting onboard because that 30 minute "window" is just a policy and not law.

Please have a great cruise and enjoy. It is not suppose to be stressful just to check in.

😁

I don't take anything in a forum acutely.  I do all my stressing before the cruise or vacation. Once it starts, I lean on prep for fun.  I actually like knowing and doing and getting the edge.

Posted (edited)

Seattle is my home port, and the last time I left from here, there were cordoned off areas with time slots, and they were full with guests.  Of course, it probably all depends how many decide to show up earlier than their check in times, whether they allow guests to go in early. 
And of course, like everywhere else, YMMV on your sailing day…LOL

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Seattle is my home port, and the last time I left from here, there were cordoned off areas with time slots, and they were full with guests.  Of course, it probably all depends how many decide to show up earlier than their check in times, whether they allow guests to go in early. 
And of course, like everywhere else, YMMV on your sailing day…LOL

From the yt videos I have watched, they either show a brief trip thru or discuss the process went quickly.  This may or may not be true, but I can say the Aruba trip had many people with the same experience I did when I went.  So I hope is fine no matter what.