Cancelled Oct. 2025 Egypt/Israel Cruise?

Symmes99

My TA got a message from Azamara that my October 30 2025 11-night Egypt/Israel Intensive Voyage was cancelled “due to unrest in the Red Sea.” Yet the cruise is still active in Manage My Reservation and anyone can still book this cruise on the Azamara website. The TA couldn't give me more information because she’d not been able to get through to Azamara yet. I wanted to understand why a cruise 19 months away was being cancelled now, so I called Azamara directly. The agent looked up the cruise, then transferred me to the Redeployment Desk which had a message saying if you have a TA, have them call. So I suppose the cruise is not happening and I should wait for details, such as what cruise will the Journey now sail? There’s no roll call yet for my cruise so there’s no one else to compare notes with.Azamara has several similar cruises in fall 2025 - I’m curious if others have also heard about their cruises being cancelled.

Pursuit’s October cruise that transits the Red Sea is yet to be cancelled, although it’s only a matter of time, so 2025 would be after that I would assume.

Even though Azamara mentioned “unrest in the Red Sea” in relation to the October 2025 cancellation, the Journey is not in the Red Sea at all. She’s in the Med, sailing round trip from Athens and calling at Haifa, Ashdod, and Alexandria. The two Israel ports are likely the cause of the cancellation. It’s really unrest in the whole region that’s the concern, not just the Red Sea. No matter - safety first. And I suppose Azamara doesn't want to wait to reshuffle, even if the unrest dissipates by then. There must be a lot of competition for ports among all the cruise lines that are reshuffling itineraries. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 10:14 AM, Riocca said:

Pursuit’s October cruise that transits the Red Sea is yet to be cancelled, although it’s only a matter of time, so 2025 would be after that I would assume.

Hello,

Im on the October 26th cruise out of Athens going to Dubai down the Suez Canal. I did get an itinerary change last month cancelling port of Eliate but that’s it.

I guess they are still hoping Red Sea issue will soon resolve itself. Not sure what to do about booking flights.

Ron

9 hours ago, Ron1209 said:

Hello,

Im on the October 26th cruise out of Athens going to Dubai down the Suez Canal. I did get an itinerary change last month cancelling port of Eliate but that’s it.

I guess they are still hoping Red Sea issue will soon resolve itself. Not sure what to do about booking flights.

Ron

Just disembarked Quest and being on Pursuits 26th October sailing obviously asked this question, no definitive answer but it’s looking likely that this cruise will be cancelled and the preceding charter to allow Pursuit to dead head around Africa to Dubai. Prices also went extremely high for this cruise to dissuade people from booking but have dropped in recent days to more reasonable levels. 
We have booked flights that can be cancelled or altered at minimal cost just in case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Riocca said:

We have booked flights that can be cancelled or altered at minimal cost just in case.

Right now, given numerous issues, that is also our plan of action for all plane travel.

10 hours ago, Wander58 said:

We have not heard of any changes to the Oct 20,2025 Athens->Dubai cruise on the Pursuit.

There was a port change….. Eliate port was swapped out for another port Egyptian I believe.