Junior Suites

I am in the planning stages of a cruise and wondered if anyone could share some thoughts about junior suites. Are they worth the money? Is there more storage room? Etc. It is hard to tell from the pictures I could fine. If anyone has any pictures of a junior suite on the Serenade of the Seas I would appreciate it.

NR

I don't have any pictures to post, but the JS category on the Radiance are wonderful. Do a search for posts by debandbill and you should find a link to some of their photos of JS 1100. All of the JS cabins have the same interior layout, but 1100 and 1602, which are located on the stern of the ship, have enormous balconies overlooking the ship's wake.

The storage is terrific - the JS has a full walk-in closet that can double as a dressing room, it's that big. There are shelves in there. The vanity has 6 drawers, plus a tall cabinet on either side of the mirror for toiletries. There is a big sitting area with a full couch, comfy chair w/ottoman, a cocktail table and a side table for the chair. There is a curtain next to the bed, but it's just for show - it doesn't pull all the way across to provide visual privacy from the sitting area.

The bathroom has a shower/tub instead of just a shower, which some people find a plus.

As for whether it's worth the extra fare, only you can decide. The JS is very comfortable. We are cocooning types - we spend a lot of time in our cabin having coffee/first breakfast (yes, first:D ), reading, napping or having a cocktail. If you only look at your cabin as a place to sleep, shower and dress, then save your $$ and stick with a balcony or oceanview (or inside, for that matter).

You get 2 cruise credits on your C&A account, and usually get priority boarding, but those are the only perks that go along with booking this category - no priority tendering or disembarkation and no Concierge Club access.

We have had two JSs that did not have walk-in closets. They do have more "living" space and a tub and a little more cabinet space. The cost is usually about $1000 more than the D category--at least it has been when we have either considered or book a JS.

We booked a JS for our cruise next January it was about $288 more per person on our 8 night cruise over the Superior Ocean View cabin. The cruise is for my husbands 50th birthday so we decided to take the Junior Suite.

Christine

We had a JS on Grandeur and it had no walk in closet. The rest is as previously described. Loved leaving the door to the balcony open at night to hear the waves.

I believe that the OP was only asking about Serenade, a different class of ship. I think all of the Radiance class JS cabins have the same enormous closet. Our closet in 1100 was larger than our closet in 1600, a GS. About double the size, in fact.

JS on the Sovereign & Vision classes don't have the walk-in closet. I haven't been on a Voyager class, so I can[t comment on those.

We are in JS for our upcoming Serenade cruise. Can anyone tell me what amenities they have in the bathrooms (ie shampoo, shower gel, lotion) or just that RCI bar of soap? Sounds picky, but I'm trying to get an idea for packing.

Thanks!

PS - we must have gotten a deal - we booked early and the cost was just a little more than the D1 rate.

I don't have any pictures to post, but the JS category on the Radiance are wonderful. Do a search for posts by debandbill and you should find a link to some of their photos of JS 1100. All of the JS cabins have the same interior layout, but 1100 and 1602, which are located on the stern of the ship, have enormous balconies overlooking the ship's wake.

The storage is terrific - the JS has a full walk-in closet that can double as a dressing room, it's that big. There are shelves in there. The vanity has 6 drawers, plus a tall cabinet on either side of the mirror for toiletries. There is a big sitting area with a full couch, comfy chair w/ottoman, a cocktail table and a side table for the chair. There is a curtain next to the bed, but it's just for show - it doesn't pull all the way across to provide visual privacy from the sitting area.

The bathroom has a shower/tub instead of just a shower, which some people find a plus.

As for whether it's worth the extra fare, only you can decide. The JS is very comfortable. We are cocooning types - we spend a lot of time in our cabin having coffee/first breakfast (yes, first:D ), reading, napping or having a cocktail. If you only look at your cabin as a place to sleep, shower and dress, then save your $$ and stick with a balcony or oceanview (or inside, for that matter).

You get 2 cruise credits on your C&A account, and usually get priority boarding, but those are the only perks that go along with booking this category - no priority tendering or disembarkation and no Concierge Club access.

I know debandbill would love to show you these.

These are from Deb and Bill and their 1100 cabin on the Brilliance. It is a great cabin and a huge balcony. We sailed with them and saw it when they had a sail a way party in their cabin.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

She may pop in and give you more details.

The amenities collection includes three 5-ounce bottles of body lotion, shampoo, and bath/shower gel. There is no hair conditioner per se. There will also be a lip balm, the aforementioned bars of soap, two white net scrubbie "poufs" (I can't think what else to call them), a permanent container which will hold cotton swabs and cotton balls, and a shower cap, and possibly a shoe shine cloth, but I can't remember because I don't use that sort of thing.

I like the amenity bottles more for what good travel bottles they make for another trip; I put sunscreen, laundry detergent, and other things in them. I would suggest bringing your own hair conditioner at the very least.

Leslie

Sigh....you are making me wish I had booked a JS for our upcoming Freedom cruise!

I've had JS's before and loved them, but the price difference was too great for this cruise. I can't change now even if I wanted to because we have family travelling with us and all 4 cabins are next to each other (dead center on the hump). We'd have to go to a different deck away from everyone else. :( Although, we are Diamond members, so at least we get the concierge club and priority embarking/disembarking perks. Yea!:)

4 cruises with a JS for the last 3. We like the size, priority embarkation in Miami, C&A credit for 2 cruises, walk-in closet (Voyager and Radiance class, don't know about other classes), the tub etc. Also like the deck 10 location. Just a great cabin.

Sigh....you are making me wish I had booked a JS for our upcoming Freedom cruise!

I've had JS's before and loved them, but the price difference was too great for this cruise. I can't change now even if I wanted to because we have family travelling with us and all 4 cabins are next to each other (dead center on the hump). We'd have to go to a different deck away from everyone else. :( Although, we are Diamond members, so at least we get the concierge club and priority embarking/disembarking perks. Yea!:)

That’s one of the bad things about booking the JS – you get spoiled by all the extra space! We’re waiting impatiently for the summer 2007 Northern Europe itineraries to come out. If the prices are anything like this year, we’ll be in a D-1 or E-1. Even with 4 sea days, I just can’t rationalize spending an additional $1800 PER PERSON to go up to the JS. :eek: Somehow, I think we’ll both manage!

WOW! That is a great website. I wish we had reserved a JS on Serenade, unfortunately it was way more expensive. It looks like the Junior Suites have a lot more room in between the end of the bed and the wall, + 2 chairs in addition to a sofa or loveseat. Very nice!. Oh well, we will keep playing the lottery and enjoy our E-1 and concierge. :)

The amenities collection includes three 5-ounce bottles of body lotion, shampoo, and bath/shower gel. There is no hair conditioner per se. There will also be a lip balm, the aforementioned bars of soap, two white net scrubbie "poufs" (I can't think what else to call them), a permanent container which will hold cotton swabs and cotton balls, and a shower cap, and possibly a shoe shine cloth, but I can't remember because I don't use that sort of thing.

I like the amenity bottles more for what good travel bottles they make for another trip; I put sunscreen, laundry detergent, and other things in them. I would suggest bringing your own hair conditioner at the very least.

Leslie

You'll also get a shoe shine cloth too. I agree with Leslie, bring a good conditioner with you.

We sailed on Jewel of the Seas last October. Right after final payment, someone on CC posted a message saying there was a special upgrade for 55+ passengers to upgrade from a balcony to a junior suite at no fee.

We definetely enjoyed our JS and can't wait to book another one in the future.

I know debandbill would love to show you these.

These are from Deb and Bill and their 1100 cabin on the Brilliance. It is a great cabin and a huge balcony. We sailed with them and saw it when they had a sail a way party in their cabin.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%

I am confused about RCCL staterooms. Who gets concierge service or is it just concierge club? I do not understand $1800 p/p for JS - I read the cost as $1800 for two. At what suite level does the concierge service begin, and just what does it entail?

Archived