LIVE 🚢🎉🥳🍾⛵️Allure of the Seas - April 5, 2024

We are at the airport by our gate. Our middle economy seats have been assigned to us. We are now in Chophouse trying to order breakfast. Time will tell. It doesn’t matter! We are on vacation! 

IMG_1567.jpeg

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Denversail said:

We are at the airport by our gate. Our middle economy seats have been assigned to us. We are now in Chophouse trying to order breakfast. Time will tell. It doesn’t matter! We are on vacation! 

IMG_1567.jpeg

Assume you got on your flight and are hopefully on your way to Florida. 

• Like 3

We have made it to Orlando. We picked up our bags and rental car without issue. It took us about 50 minutes to make our way over to the Hotel in Cocoa Beach. Looks like we won’t make our dinner. Mr. IT wants a drink and it is almost 6:30. We will be back on schedule tomorrow. Mr. IT will be posting hotel pics soon. Spoiler alert… they don’t look like the online pics. When we checked in they tried to claim I had booked a different room. I won that argument. 😁

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Denversail said:

When we checked in they tried to claim I had booked a different room. I won that argument. 😁

I bet by this point in the day you were quite fiesty. They had no chance in that argument 

• Haha 5

Chophouse at the airport didn’t go well. Our waitress was Crazy Lady. She actually introduced herself that way after we had waited 20 minutes to put in our order. Our food came when we had about 10 minutes before boarding. Our gate was on the opposite end of the terminal. I thought we were fine since we could just scan the code on the table to pay. We tried to do this but someone else’s bill came up. We finally flagged down crazy lady and she informed us that we can’t pay that way because the prior group skipped their bill (I can make a few guesses why). She says she will bring us our bill. Another 10 minutes passes and she comes back over. She is like oh you didn’t get the bill. Well ya didn't bring it?? She then attempts to get Mr. IT’s credit card. Given the confusion he objects and says he wants to see the bill first. She then presses for his credit card. He holds firm and she stomps away. She made him pay for it by taking her sweet time coming back. Once again I found myself sprinting for the gate. 

IMG_1569.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

The outside area with the tiki bar is very nice. The weather is lovely. We will be sitting here enjoying a few drinks. Flight details coming soon. It was the most uncomfortable flight I have been on in years. 

IMG_1570.jpeg

• Like 3

We have arrived in Orlando, terrible flight, bumped from 1st class to a seat that doesn't recline because they cram you into a 2 x 4 space sitting at a 90 degree angle for 3 hours while a 3 year old sitting behind me kicked the ***** out of my chair for the first hour, forcing me to find another seat.  Fortunately I found an empty spot right in front of my seasoned sailor and finally found a little peace for the next 2 and a half hours.  I'm ready for the beam me up to my next location technology to advance, flying used to be fun as a kid, as an adult, it's a miserable experience.  

OK, enough ranting,  Vacation Mode has been powered on, drinks are being consumed, LET'S GO 

20240404_174422.jpg

20240404_175752.jpg

20240404_175814.jpg

20240404_175802.jpg

20240404_181459.jpg

• Like 18

My scallops melted in my mouth. The shrimp was okay. Mr. IT liked the ribeye at first but as he kept eating he thought it was a little salty. We both hated the sides. Overall we thought dinner was okay. The prices weren’t terrible.

IMG_1575.jpeg

IMG_1576.jpeg

• Like 7

On 3/23/2024 at 7:45 PM, Denversail said:
  1. Our cruise is out of Orlando for 3 nights stopping @ Nassau and Coco Cay. We will have no sea days this trip. Mr. IT hasn’t been on a vacation since our Hawaii trip in 2022. We did a weekend of Glamping last summer but I’m not sure that I would really count that as a vacation. He has been stuck at home with the dogs lately while I travel the world. At least that is how he describes it. 😂

Have fun on your cruise! I am on Allure right now and as always having a great cruise. The only downside was it rained today so I stayed on the ship instead of enjoying Coco Cay. I felt bad for some people I talked to today who had never been to Coco Cay before. I have been there over 30 times, so not a big deal to me staying on the ship today. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Destaw71835 said:

How is the hotel?

the hotel is fine. I wouldn’t call it luxury but the outdoor facilities are fantastic. It includes walking access to the beach. That tiki bar can’t be beat. We walked to dinner and didn’t notice any nicer or newer hotels in the area.

• Like 2

I don’t know what is happening. I’m an early riser. It is 5 am and I’m up. I head down to the lobby in my pj’s. I do this all the time and normally just see staff. Now people are every where in their PJ’s. I eventually decide to follow all the people to see why they are up. They are all coming down to the pitch dark beach. I’m not sure why yet. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I don’t know what is happening. I’m an early riser. It is 5 am and I’m up. I head down to the lobby in my pj’s. I do this all the time and normally just see staff. Now people are every where in their PJ’s. I eventually decide to follow all the people to see why they are up. They are all coming down to the pitch dark beach. I’m not sure why yet. 

Space X launch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We LOVE Cocoa Beach! This is the cutest little town. Love all the shops and art. We made it to Simply Delicious for breakfast. Just enjoying our morning checking things out. We will definitely be coming back here. Bummed our day got cut short yesterday. We would have enjoyed a lot more time here.

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

• Like 7