MSC Meraviglia Disembark - New York City - Post Cruise Tour?

KenPlat

Has anyone taken one of the MSC post-cruise/disembark excursions to New York city?   (i.e. off of the Meraviglia ship/Brooklyn Cruise Port) 

These trips are of the 4-5 hour variety advertised with a drop off at LGA or JFK.    Seems to be a good way to productively spend time if you have a later flight and don't want to drag luggage around or sit/wait at the airport.

Also wondering... is it 'allowable' to exit the excursion in Manhattan.. i.e. before the transit to the airport.   They have my luggage.. so I couldn't just 'ditch' the tour bus.   Sometimes these tours have insurance/accountability/other requirements that they have to take you to described destination.  

I don't see how one would have the opportunity to leave the excursion as an excursion that includes travel time from Red Hook to any Manhattan locations and back out to either LGA or JFK  has to allow travel time of at least two hours (Red Hook - Manhattan-airport).

The sightseeing is most like a drive by of having locations pointed out to one through the windows as one crawls through the stop lights and one way streets of Manhattan.

Below is what the tour description says.   Indeed... there are quite a few drive-by's... but it says some time at the 9/11 Memorial.   

If one could 'exit' the excursion after say the Memorial visit... to remain in the downtown area.. might be worthwhile to get the 'lay of the land' via the tour itself.... and at least at chance to do something in the Manhattan area (i.e. a lunch or meal) before leaving for a later 7:30pm-ish flight.    i.e. attempting a "Day Trip".

My 'shot in the dark' with this post is if maybe someone else has taken this tour (or similar) and can briefly share their experience.   Perhaps, this ship sponsored excursion gives an earlier/guaranteed departure (i.e. 9am or so)... that could save some time competing for a taxi/Uber/ferry at the cruise port itself.    Otherwise, it is difficult to book with Viator (or similar) on disembark day as those don't seem to meet anywhere near the Brooklyn port.   It's difficult to determine the time and when to book with one of the external travel companies.   Plus... need to work out some way with a hotel (??? or somewhere ???) to temporarily store luggage for a few hours.

image.png.3f3bbcd1401d36fdaa04cbe9a6430694.png

Get your self a dayroom in Manhattan, it is perfect to store the luggage, you can do what ever you want and you have the possibility to take a shower after the Sightseeing and get refreshed and relaxed to the airport.