Last minute excursion cancellation

Looking forward to our upcoming first cruise on the Explorer and I have not been able to find the answer to this topic. How far in advance of a booked shore excursion (that utilizes on board credits) is one able to cancel and use the value to be applied elsewhere such as the spa? Does the answer change if the excursion has been cancelled by RSSC? Thanks experts!

Info on ancillary items cancellation is on page 2 of your Guest statement. That’s the PDF titled Guest_<name><booking number>.pdf

I reviewed that thanks. It seems to imply these are for true “out of pocket” charges and perhaps not the OBC value. Given the lack of distinction, then I guess one can assume that 36 hrs before ship departure, not excursion, is the rule.

1 hour ago, TheShag said:

I reviewed that thanks. It seems to imply these are for true “out of pocket” charges and perhaps not the OBC value. Given the lack of distinction, then I guess one can assume that 36 hrs before ship departure, not excursion, is the rule.

In this context, departure means the time the excursion begins. I have many nights on Regent and have canceled extra charge excursions after the cruise began. As long as you cancel more than 36 hours before the excursion begins, the shipboard credit you used to pay for the excursion will be re-deposited in your account.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheShag said:

From Regent's Ticket Contract, 

"8. CANCELLATION POLICY

Regent Choice Shore Excursions   Within 36 hours of tour departure  100% fee" 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Thanks 2

The cancellation day and time is written on the tour ticket. This doesn’t help if your tour is very early in the cruise but it does help for later tours.

• Thanks 2