Tender in Dubrovnik

The itinerary for my upcoming Adriatic cruise shows Dubrovnik as requiring a tender. I think this means we'll tender into the old (in-town) port. Does that sound right to those who've cruised Seabourn to Dubrovnik recently? There is one other ship in port that day, so definitely not too many to fit in the Gruz port from what I've read.

I asked this question on Facebook too and got plenty of confirmation that yes, Seabourn typically anchors outside the old city walls and tenders into the old port but sometimes weather conditions or some other issue will send the ship to dock at the Gruz port.

Dubrovnik is one place where it is much pleasanter to be tendered; a vey short tender ride and lovely views from the ship, as opposed to a coach ride from the port, with a very congested area to board the coach on the way back.  The only disadvantage would be for anyone who could not manage to get in and out of tenders.

• Like 1

If your cruise starts or ends in Dubrovnik obviously it will be the port; if you are booking a local firm for an excursion or similar they should/will be able to find out where to meet you.  It is a tricky one, as sometimes a ship intends to dock but has to tender, or the opposite, in a fairly late decision.

• Like 1

When I contacted the tour guide to alert her that we might actually be tendering to the old port, she told me the port info said we were to dock in Gruz, but that it does sometimes change and she would meet us wherever it was. So I don't need to worry but will hope we tender to the old port for the proximity and picturesque view.

• Like 1