Booked My First Cruise and My Fiance's Second

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Speaking of money, have you checked out AARP discount gift cards for Carnival?  You need a membership, don't have to be 50 or over anymore and you can apply your gift cards to pay off your cruise fare, excursions, specialty restaurants, pretty much everything on board and save 10%.  I've been using them on all my cruises and the savings really add up.

Can you just buy them from AARP or do you have to have points?

When I searched, all i could find was that they were under rewards.

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

As a first time cruiser, I would recommend using those free valuable resources that a TA or PVP provide.  PVP is personal vacation planner, basically are people that Carnival has work with clients (kind of a Carnival TA) but only deal with Carnival.  In either case they have great knowledge base and are free,,,

I tried to sign up for one, but I guess the website is having issues. Tried on both my phone and PC and each time I hit submit, nothing happened.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, lonegreywolf20 said:

Can you just buy them from AARP or do you have to have points?

When I searched, all i could find was that they were under rewards.

Are you an AARP member?  I believe you need to be a member to access Carnival gift cards. I just looked at my AARP rewards site and there are $450 and $100 Carnival gift cards available for purchase at 10% off.

I've never used points when purchasing.

Edited by ninjacat123

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are you an AARP member?  I believe you need to be a member to access Carnival gift cards. I just looked at my AARP rewards site and there are $450 and $100 Carnival gift cards available for purchase at 10% off.

I understand that I need to be a member, but are points required to purchase at 10% off or can you just buy them without any reward points at all?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lonegreywolf20 said:

I understand that I need to be a member, but are points required to purchase at 10% off or can you just buy them without any reward points at all?

I haven't used points so I believe you don't need to.  Just my credit card😺

Edited by ninjacat123
I sounded like a pirate

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I haven't used points so I believe you don't need to.  Just my credit card😺

Okay. Thank you. I just wanted to be sure that you didn't have to acquire points to get the discount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lonegreywolf20 said:

Okay. Thank you. I just wanted to be sure that you didn't have to acquire points to get the discount.

FYI, you can't use Carnival gift cards for Australian Carnival cruises.  I have used them for Europe, Bermuda and Caribbean.  I get the digital ecards and save them in my Apple Wallet.  

BTW, congrats on your pending nuptials!!🥰

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

As a first time cruiser, I would recommend using those free valuable resources that a TA or PVP provide.  PVP is personal vacation planner, basically are people that Carnival has work with clients (kind of a Carnival TA) but only deal with Carnival.  In either case they have great knowledge base and are free,,,

Agreed

• Like 1