Ama Amsterdam hotels

gingerspike

We are sailing AmaWaterways Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps in November 2024. When we booked, the hotel was listed as the Grand Hotel Krasnopolsky and that is what is on our cruise invoice. Today I noticed that the web site has added a second hotel, the Barbizon as one of the potential hotels for the precruise. 

I just booked our air and we are arriving 2 days prior to the start of land package. I would like to stay at the same hotel that Ama will use.

Is there anyway to know which it will actually be this far out? Has anyone been to Amsterdam with Ama recently that can share their hotel experience?

thanks,

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 10:43 AM, richardbohn said:

We are sailing with AMA the end of April and our final documents have us staying at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky. We received our documents about 2 weeks ago.

Thank you. I'd be interested in your thoughts about the hotel when you return.

My TA contacted Ama and confirmed that we are expected to stay at the Grand Hotel Krasnopolsky. They won't know for sure until 30 days prior. I went ahead and made the reservation.

Have a wonderful trip!

The Barbizon is the HO JO'S of hotels. Take an alternative if you are allowed. Rooms were clean,  housekeeping very slow (most days room wasn't cleaned until 5pm, we started refusing it and just asked for towels). Breakfast mediocre. Service in Bottles and Jars slow, with limited menu. Main restaurant was closed Sunday, Monday & Tuesdays. Noise from back street ridiculously noisy, each and every stinking night until 3am. If a conference is on during your time spent, it is very noisy and you have to dodge all tons of people to get to elevator or breakfast room etc.Only plus for this spot is the closeness to train station.