Hot Deal Alert - Summit 10 Night Eastern Caribbean 11/10/25

15 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

I agree the retreat rates were somewhat more in line but I got a solo rate at about 115 percent - so just above the cost of one person in a two person room. I thought it was a good price for 10 days in the retreat for a solo. I looked at solo aqua class with all included. I thought it was very high compare to the retreat solo rate.

I see aqua class as Celebrity's decoy effect for their Retreat rooms. Similarly at a coffee shop they charge only a fraction more for a large versus a medium, so naturally, you get the large. They actually diminished this decoy effect when they eliminated obligatory AI fares for their aqua rooms, but it's still present.

On 3/28/2024 at 8:29 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

Did you have special pricing on the Retreat?  I thought this was limited to C1, at least when I checked online pricing C1 was less than Inside accommodation and the Retreat seemed to be in line with the rest of the cabin costs other than C1.

We typically cruise in the Retreat and have been watching Retreat pricing for a while, and even now, pricing is through the roof.

The Retreat pricing on this itinerary is way more reasonable.

Randy

Thank you for posting, have secured 8054 at the lower rate. I had a hold on 8084 (both just randomly selected).

Nothing to grouse about for the price paid but I see a few references to 8054 possibly having an obstructed view - my invoice states 0% obstruction but think the window washign equipment is parked near there. Obviously no chance of switching now!

53 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Thank you for posting, have secured 8054 at the lower rate. I had a hold on 8084 (both just randomly selected).

Nothing to grouse about for the price paid but I see a few references to 8054 possibly having an obstructed view - my invoice states 0% obstruction but think the window washign equipment is parked near there. Obviously no chance of switching now!

Welcome aboard!  I didn't get a cabin in a prime location either, but I'm not complaining because of the rate and the unusual itinerary.  It should be a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Welcome aboard!  I didn't get a cabin in a prime location either, but I'm not complaining because of the rate and the unusual itinerary.  It should be a wonderful cruise.

Thank you and agreed!

Hopefully, there are a few sales between now and sailing to secure a drinks and/or dining package to complete the cruise. We upgraded to Premium on our upcoming Millenium sailing during a flash sale last year for a great price. Should we be so lucky again, this cruise will be by far the best value for money seen for a long time. Plenty of time to plan!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I didn't get a cabin in a prime location either

I haven't sailed Summit before....can you share where would be a prime location?  We have mid ship near the elevator.  Are the balcony's small on Summit?  TIA and Happy Easter  🐰

9 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I haven't sailed Summit before....can you share where would be a prime location?  We have mid ship near the elevator.  Are the balcony's small on Summit?  TIA and Happy Easter  🐰

Midship near the elevator is a great location.  That's where I always try to book.  I ended up with a cabin between the midship and the forward elevators, which is not ideal from my perspective, but I'll take it for the price!  The regular balconies on the Summit are adequate.

There are 4 CC cabins on deck 6 which are a tad larger and have larger balconies:  6143, 6144, 6135, and 6136, although the last two are connecting staterooms.

• Thanks 1