We got the upgrade!!!

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

I’d love to say it’s all my doing 🤣🤣🤣 he was pretty spunky when I married him almost 16 years ago and doesn’t appear to have aged one bit to me 😁🥰

Of COURSE it's all your doing!😂 As my husband is fond of saying 'He's in a paddock with a really good mare!'(gotta love an ex jockey😂).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

We’re currently on majestic for franks 85th birthday. We went to The Catch” by Rudi for his birthday dinner and he enjoyed his crayfish. Highly recommend the restaurant. Everything was amazingly good.

IMG_6216.jpeg

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_1129.mov

That's the best looking lobster I've seen on a Princess ship in a long time. 

And the guy behing the lobster is a good looking chap too! Happy Brithday, Frank. 😘

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's the best looking lobster I've seen on a Princess ship in a long time. 

And the guy behing the lobster is a good looking chap too! Happy Brithday, Frank. 😘

It was lobster tails. Frank didn’t want the filet steak with it so they gave him two tails! They were huge!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It was lobster tails. Frank didn’t want the filet steak with it so they gave him two tails! They were huge!

Lucky Frank! But it looks like the quality has improved considerably. Rolf did that on our Diamond cruise last year but the lobster tails were half that size. I was glad I'd chosen the steak and lobster as the lobster was barely worth eating. 

17 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

For a comparison, Lobster on HAL Oosterdam  in December. FOUR lobster tails. I could have done without the accompanying Brussels sprouts though.

S America 23 Lobster 001.jpg

S America 23 Lobster 004.jpg

Did they pass the taste test though?

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

The lobster meat was excellent, but the sauce was very buttery and too spicy for my taste. Lobster doesn't deserve to have its delicate flavour overwhelmed.

I agree. 

I once, back in the early 90s, seriously upset a chef at a popular Aucland seafood restaurant by telling the waiter I just wanted my crayfish brushed with lemon butter and grilled. But ... but ... but ... we can do this sauce and that sauce and ... No, plainly grilled please. And it was excellent!

• Like 5

The lobster meat was excellent, but the sauce was very buttery and too spicy for my taste. Lobster doesn't deserve to have its delicate flavour overwhelmed.

Ditto bugs and NZ scampi. Brush with lemon butter, maybe a liitle garlic and parsley for variety, and grill until just cooked. Perfection!

• Like 3

For a comparison, Lobster on HAL Oosterdam  in December. FOUR lobster tails. I could have done without the accompanying Brussels sprouts though.

S America 23 Lobster 001.jpg

S America 23 Lobster 004.jpg

Wow yum