Carnival signs extension with Jacksonville

Agreement extended to 2026 with options to extend to 2030:

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2024/03/jaxport-and-carnival-cruise-line-extend-cruise-service-agreement/

This probably also means the Fantasy class will be around until 2030 if not beyond. Elation is scheduled for a drydock in January 2026, and presumably would follow up in 2029. Elation will be 32 years old in 2030. Carnival Paradise (Tampa) has no 2026 drydock date yet, but had her 2023 visit about nine months after Elation.

• Like 2

I remember the Miracle used to go out of Jacksonville back in 2010.  I friend of mine who lived there said it was a Miracle that it fit under the bridge.  I wonder what the height difference is between the Fantasy and Spirit class ships.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, w53097 said:

I remember the Miracle used to go out of Jacksonville back in 2010.  I friend of mine who lived there said it was a Miracle that it fit under the bridge.  I wonder what the height difference is between the Fantasy and Spirit class ships.

I have only been on Fantasy class ships out of Jax. Spirit was there for about 6 weeks, either last year or the year before- I wanted to go but the timing didn't work out. Absolutely love the Spirit class but didn't know that then- first spirit class I went on  was in 2021(Miracle) and had only been on 1 Carnival ship in 2010

Edited by Prometheus1
addendum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, w53097 said:

Fun fact about the Miracle. She actually sailed her maiden voyage from Jacksonville in 2004. A 3 day cruise to Freeport. 

• Like 5