1 night hotel in New Orleans before cruise.

On 3/28/2024 at 9:56 AM, Saint Greg said:

Port Parking for carnival is good. You said brilliance. They don’t use the Carnival garage. They use this open whale lot which is less good. I would think you could drop your bags off. But I don’t know what the traffic flow is like at Julia Street terminal. I don’t know how they turn around. That may be a question for someone who uses Julia street.

IMG_6261.thumb.jpeg.d4a908e0299f0b40122bf9e404a7db1a.jpeg

Fulton likes you to drop your bags downstairs before you park anyway. You could even drop them right where the shuttle parks and just have one person stand with them while the other parks. They have people to load and unload luggage. They load the shuttles along this left side (facing the river) of the building. Then you should be able to make a right and enter the garage.

IMG_6262.thumb.jpeg.515054d8edeb0fe93582ae50f1e84c20.jpeg

The one time we used Julia St, 2 Carnival ships in port on the same day, our car and many others were broken into. When I told the parking attendant, he told me "This is New Orleans, what do you expect?"

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, RoperDK said:

Thanks for the valuable info.  If we did spend the night in Biloxi and head over in the morning, can we drop our luggage at the ship (Brilliance) and then proceed to the Fulton Garage?  I know this is a Carnival thread, but this will be the first time we sail with Royal out of NOLA and I can't get a good feel for where everything is.  Also, when have we cruised with Carnival in the past, we just parked at the port.  Is port parking for Carnival not a good option anymore? Thanks so much for your help!

On 3/28/2024 at 9:56 AM, Saint Greg said:

Port Parking for carnival is good. You said brilliance. They don’t use the Carnival garage. They use this open whale lot which is less good. I would think you could drop your bags off. But I don’t know what the traffic flow is like at Julia Street terminal. I don’t know how they turn around. That may be a question for someone who uses Julia street.

IMG_6261.thumb.jpeg.d4a908e0299f0b40122bf9e404a7db1a.jpeg

Fulton likes you to drop your bags downstairs before you park anyway. You could even drop them right where the shuttle parks and just have one person stand with them while the other parks. They have people to load and unload luggage. They load the shuttles along this left side (facing the river) of the building. Then you should be able to make a right and enter the garage.

IMG_6262.thumb.jpeg.515054d8edeb0fe93582ae50f1e84c20.jpeg

I was just working on updating my New Orleans parking page and I want to make sure I correct myself here. Apparently this is wrong. The Julia Street terminal no longer uses the Whale Lot. They are using one of the Hilton garages now and shuttling people to the port. I'm guessing this is a recent development due to the security issues with the whale lot. In my opinion it's even more of a reason to use Fulton. The convenience of walking to your car is gone and it still costs more than Fulton.

PLEASE NOTE, THE HILTON “WHALE LOT” IS NO LONGER BEING UTILIZED BY THE PORT FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS.

• Parking is available at the 100 Poydras Garage, located at 100 Poydras St. New Orleans, LA 70130. The 100 Poydras Garage opens at 9:00am (CST) and has over 500 covered and secured parking spaces.
  • Parking rates: $25 per day without reservations and $25 per day plus $1/per day fee for reservations.
  • Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean parking reservations can be made here.
  • Please come directly to the 100 Poydras Garage, as a shuttle will be available to take all cruise passengers and their luggage to the Julia St. Cruise Terminal.

• Please have your boarding information available. You must show it to the parking attendant to enter the facility.
  • Maximum height is 6' 4" and maximum 22 feet in length. Garage is secured, lighted and patrolled.

https://portnola.com/cruise/parking-directions

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Thanks 1