Just back - GRANDEUR - March 15, 2024

Posted (edited)
LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

eroller was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Just back a few days ago from a 10-day sailing of SEVEN SEAS GRANDEUR. This cruise was round trip Miami to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Harvest Caye Belize, Santo Tomas De Castilla Guatamala, Roatan, and Key West.  

We enjoyed fantastic weather pretty much the entire cruise. 

This was my second time on GRANDEUR and I felt she is as good as ever. I really love this ship, the crew, staff ... pretty much everything.  She is an all-time favorite ship which is saying a lot as this was around cruise 144 for me. Regent just got it right on so many levels with this ship and the entire experience. Everything was awesome with just a couple exceptions. 

Our cabin was 718, a Concierge level forward on the port side.  We were just at the beginning of the bump-out and I loved having an angled balcony. It seemed larger even though I know it was a little smaller.  Absolutely no noise from anywhere around us.  The cabin was super quiet.  Alyssa was an amazing cabin attendant and all our special requests were ready and waiting as we entered the cabin. My only complaint would be the temperature in the shower would vary on its own from chilly to boiling hot. You had to be very careful with the temperature setting. This was not an issue my last time on GRANDEUR (cabin 856) so I'm assuming it's more a problem in the forward section of the ship.  Our friends in cabin 706 had the same issue. 

Food, entertainment, service all exceptional. The entire crew really went out of their way and everyone was so friendly and accommodating ... with one small exception. 

The Pool Grill fell short to the rest of the amazing dining experiences on GRANDEUR.  Not so much the food and selection but the service.  It was the only time the entire 10-day cruise we received indifferent service.  The bar service was great, the food service not so much. After waiting about 15 minutes for anyone to acknowledge us, I got up to seek out someone. I found a head waiter and let him know.  He brushed me off but sent a waiter over to our table. The waiter seemed very put out.  Honestly this was the only negative experience the entire 10 days so really no big deal. It's just that all the other experiences were so elevated that the Pool Grill wasn't up to the standard. We dined there a few times and the other experiences were better but not great. I think it's just understaffed to be honest. Also some ceiling fans would be welcome as it gets pretty hot and steamy in there even with the windows open. I felt bad for the wait sfaff as there was little air flow. 

My only other area of opportunity is the end of cruise survey.  This had to be completed prior to the end of the cruise and using the ship's WIFI network. Who wants to worry about a survey while enjoying your cruise?  Not me.  This should be emailed and completed at home within 1-2 weeks of sailing like almost every other cruise line does.  Also the survey link was so glitchy and kept crashing.  It took me about 5 times to complete the survey and get it submitted successfully.  I'm sure many others gave up and it's a disservice to Regent not getting the feedback (good and constructive) needed to perfect the product moving forward.  And yes I did put this in the survey!  LOL  

Attached are some pictures from the cruise.  I hope you enjoy and Bon Voyage to all with future sailings on SEVEN SEAS GRANDEUR.  You're in for a treat. 

IMG_9100.jpg

IMG_9112.jpg

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9374.jpg

IMG_9403.jpg

IMG_9460.jpg

IMG_9471.jpg

IMG_9552.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg

Edited by eroller
  • Like 7

Your cabin looks great. That's a great concierge cabin, and we have more than a hundred nights onboard Regent with 20 nights more coming up next week. We did 30 nights on Splendor in 2022 and really enjoyed it. We loved having 3 specialty restaurants to choose from. We previously enjoyed 32 nights on Voyager in a Penthouse B, which had a great layout for its square footage.

But our last 14 night cruise in April 23, and our upcoming cruise next week are on Navigator. We booked them based on itinerary, its small passenger capacity, and our previous Regent experience. Navigator is OK for us since we like small ships, but we really liked Pacific Rim on Splendor,

Based on your review, we will be taking a look at Grandeur cruises to book for a future cruise while onboard Navigator a week from now. Thanks for your review.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 7:41 PM, SWFLAOK said:

Your cabin looks great. That's a great concierge cabin, and we have more than a hundred nights onboard Regent with 20 nights more coming up next week. We did 30 nights on Splendor in 2022 and really enjoyed it. We loved having 3 specialty restaurants to choose from. We previously enjoyed 32 nights on Voyager in a Penthouse B, which had a great layout for its square footage.

But our last 14 night cruise in April 23, and our upcoming cruise next week are on Navigator. We booked them based on itinerary, its small passenger capacity, and our previous Regent experience. Navigator is OK for us since we like small ships, but we really liked Pacific Rim on Splendor,

Based on your review, we will be taking a look at Grandeur cruises to book for a future cruise while onboard Navigator a week from now. Thanks for your review.

The cabin was awesome.  I think the Superior Suites/Concierge Suites on the Explorer Class ships are some of the best designed cabins afloat.  I love the bed faces the balcony, and the closet and bathroom are awesome. 

Have a fantastic time on the NAVIGATOR.  She seems to have a strong following and that small size must be nice.  So far my only Regent cruises have been on the Explorer Class.  It would be interesting to try out one of the old ships. 

Bon Voyage!