Regretting Booking Our Sun Princess Cruise

Brennivan

Several people appear to have missed in the OP's first post that he had already made his final payment. 

@Brennivan...don't forget...many people are more prone to post a negative review rather than something positive....it's just human nature. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Esprit said:

As for the Sun Princess, we can't wait to board this August for 14 nights. Nothing reported so far has put me off in the slightest.

Agreed. The closed thread for the Sun was filled with some of the most critical posts I've ever seen! Nothing and I mean nothing, goes right on an inaugural season of anything! Bugs have to be worked out, they need to review the feedback on new features, determine what needs correcting and what doesn't. Work time in to make those corrections. Folks aren't even giving it a chance and complaining 'back when I sailed on such-in-such...' or 'quality sure has gone down hill' when they haven't even let the dust settle on this.  To cancel is certainly anyone's prerogative, but it seems a little hasty to do it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brennivan said:

So we booked a three week cruise on the Sun Princess in July...I am regretting booking this ship and wish I just went with another ship or line

That sounds like a painful feeling. I'm sorry that you are experiencing it. Still, a three week cruise could end up being awesome. It's a brand new sparklingly clean ship. Could be cool at heck. Wishing you well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Several people appear to have missed in the OP's first post that he had already made his final payment. 

@Brennivan...don't forget...many people are more prone to post a negative review rather than something positive....it's just human nature. 

The OP is still outside final payment penalty phase

While they may be paid in full, they're still within cancellation without penalty phase. 

They're outside 90 days.. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve booked all my dining reservations thru February 2025 already. I’m elite so maybe that makes a difference?  Idk. 

On most ships, yes.  On the Sun?  I don’t think so.  Lots of us are elite and in suites and have not been able to book dining on the Sun.  Haven’t heard of a single person sailing before June 2024 who has been able to do it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve booked all my dining reservations thru February 2025 already. I’m elite so maybe that makes a difference?  Idk. 

Makes no difference when it comes to Sun.

Sun dining is currently only open through end of May. Some people have been able to book Butcher's Block beyond that - otherwise, nope, nothing else...

If you've booked dining on Sun for Feb 2025.- wow. You're definitely a one of super special Elite.