10% credit if paid in full by April 10, 150+ days prior

Dynacruiser

8 hours ago, paf225 said:

In the offer email I received it specifically states the following; “Guests who choose to participate in the Offer will retain the normal cancellation policy, and the refundability of the cruise fare will not be impacted.”.

Perhaps you or your agent should call Azamara again to clarify which of the following is accurate - what they wrote in the offer or what they said to your agent.   Regards, Paul 

I agree with paf225.  We took advantage of the 7% offer which has the same wording.  I specifically asked our TA to confirm the cancellation refund policy.  We have until the original final payment due date plus 1 day to cancel for full refund minus $75 CA. We even got into the weeds on how long it takes to get the refund, how it comes through, etc. Your TA needs to call back.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paf225 said:

In the offer email I received it specifically states the following; “Guests who choose to participate in the Offer will retain the normal cancellation policy, and the refundability of the cruise fare will not be impacted.”.

Perhaps you or your agent should call Azamara again to clarify which of the following is accurate - what they wrote in the offer or what they said to your agent.   Regards, Paul 

We did not find this to be true - It's still the same cancellation policy - almost all refundable until about 120 days out then the refundable amount decreases the closer you get to sailing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wander58 said:

We did not find this to be true - It's still the same cancellation policy - almost all refundable until about 120 days out then the refundable amount decreases the closer you get to sailing.

We used our 4 free nights for this booking, I wonder if that makes our terms and conditions different?  We never got an email about the 10%, our agent just asked us if we would like to consider it, and if so he would call them.  

We are going to call ourselves on Monday.  

Thanks everyone

Does this make anyone else a little bit nervous? I like the idea of additional onboard credit, so I could possibly buy overpriced jewelry that I don’t need, but I don’t like the thought that maybe they’re having cash flow issues. I hope not, but if that’s the case then we’re all going to be out a lot more than the 10% they’re giving us for on board credit. Wonder why they’re doing this if all their cruises seem to be sold out? Thoughts? We cruise on Azamara two or three times a year. 

22 minutes ago, abbe727 said:

Does this make anyone else a little bit nervous? I like the idea of additional onboard credit, so I could possibly buy overpriced jewelry that I don’t need, but I don’t like the thought that maybe they’re having cash flow issues. I hope not, but if that’s the case then we’re all going to be out a lot more than the 10% they’re giving us for on board credit. Wonder why they’re doing this if all their cruises seem to be sold out? Thoughts? We cruise on Azamara two or three times a year. 

Not nervous in the least. Cash flow is important to a business. This improves cash flow at a greatly reduced cost of money. Plus it can be used to retire more expensive debt already on the books from the pandemic. Their out of pocket cost of the inflated jewelry to the vendor is not one for one when you consider the commission on sales they are paid. 

• Like 3

Could be a good corporate move if they’re looking to make their books look even better, and the private equity firm is looking to sell while Azumara is doing well. Who knows, either way we still look forward to our up-and-coming Cruises. Our next one is in June for my birthday. Hopefully this will just benefit everyone! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, abbe727 said:

Could be a good corporate move if they’re looking to make their books look even better, and the private equity firm is looking to sell while Azumara is doing well. Who knows, either way we still look forward to our up-and-coming Cruises. Our next one is in June for my birthday. Hopefully this will just benefit everyone! 

Happy upcoming birthday.

Having been an entrepreneur, I believe it's too early to churn Azamara.  The line hasn't been built to warrant a very strong return on their investment yet.  Selling too early leaves many potential dollars on the table. They're probably just getting it to the point of implementing their growth plan.

Perhaps the promotion is a way to help fund or implement that growth strategy?

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 3

After reading the different opinions here, I decided that paying for an upcoming cruise a couple of months ahead of time was a low risk financial move, so I took advantage of the 10% OBC offer.

• TA confirmed that this offer does not change the original cancellation conditions.  I can still cancel in accordance with the original deadlines.
  • I received 10% of the total amount including deposit, minus the taxes and fees. 
  • TA had to call Azamara, took about 45 min.
  • I am aware from others that special-offer OBC doesn't make it into their system right away, it can be frustrating.
  • Tomorrow April 10 is the deadline if you want to use this promotion.

Of course, next week we'll get an even better promotion and I'll regret having used this one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dynacruiser said:

I am aware from others that special-offer OBC doesn't make it into their system right away, it can be frustrating.

Mine from the 7% promotion did right away – it was in the new paid-in-full Booking Confirmation that my TA sent me immediately after processing the payment.

• Like 2

I’m all for promos and incentives but I have a problem when I paid in full for a cruise greater than 180 days and received 5% OBC and now days later the offer is 10% for 150 + days. I got 1/2 as much OBC for longer days out. I had my TA call Azamara and refused to extend the extra 5% even though I was within the 150 days. Azamara… remember customer service and future retention!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sfla said:

I’m all for promos and incentives but I have a problem when I paid in full for a cruise greater than 180 days and received 5% OBC and now days later the offer is 10% for 150 + days. I got 1/2 as much OBC for longer days out. I had my TA call Azamara and refused to extend the extra 5% even though I was within the 150 days. Azamara… remember customer service and future retention!

So when the offer ends, will you give it back?  You [and I – I'm in the same boat here] took a generous offer that Azamara didn't owe you.  Now they have a better offer.  As Aesop didn't say: "Sometimes he who hesitates isn't lost after all – but you never know."

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dynacruiser said:

After reading the different opinions here, I decided that paying for an upcoming cruise a couple of months ahead of time was a low risk financial move, so I took advantage of the 10% OBC offer.

Of course, next week we'll get an even better promotion and I'll regret having used this one. 

I rarely regret after pulling the trigger on something.  When I made the action, I was happy at the time with my decision.  I learned that in my businesses and the stock market. Selling shares is the same way. The stock could go up; it could go down afterwards. 

I've also had the opposite happen where I put in a limit buy order a little too low trying to get greedy and it didn't execute because the price kept getting better. 

Five and seven percent weren't enough for me to be happy with the lengthy prepayment time-frame.  Ten percent was.  Let them go to 20% and I'll still be happy with the 10% I received.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 3

Oh well, I slithered in just before the cut off COB 10th April.  $30k spent, leading to well over $4k OBC (including previous OBC).  Looks as though I'll be getting some more jewellery, and the odd spa appointment. Fingers crossed we don't live to regret.  

• Like 3