Back to Back Question

We last did a B2B on Mardi Gras last October. "Things" were a little different from what I've read. We did meet at the Brass Magnolia seating area, were led off the ship to have our faces scanned, took maybe 15 minutes to get off and back on. What we've "heard" is that if there is a "larger" group of B2B'ers, that is when you're more likely to go off and back on...could be true, could be it varies from port to port. We were told there were over 200 B2B'ers. Got back on away we went. No mimosas. Back in our cabin there was a bottle of champagne, fruit basket, and coupons to head down to Pixels and have a "B2B photo taken"...just us 2. Also we each had a coupon for one complimentary drink to be used at any bar onboard. 

Overall, pretty good experience, however we didn't get to enjoy the full "empty ship" experience as we had friends boarding the second leg who were celebrating a birthday, so we took the time while the ship was empty to head over to their cabin and do some, decorating and other silly stuff...was all greatly appreciated!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bar1068 said:

. . . Back in our cabin there was a bottle of champagne, fruit basket, and coupons to head down to Pixels and have a "B2B photo taken"...just us 2. Also we each had a coupon for one complimentary drink to be used at any bar onboard. 

I would have liked a bottle of champagne!  But I got several assorted cans of beer, which I don't drink.  I gave them to the people in the cabin next to me.  No mimosas for me, either.  But I did get a fruit basket and a drink coupon.  I got some coupons for discount spa services, too, but I never used them.  

I love B2B's.  It is a joy to know that you have another cruise to look forward to while most of the ship is packing up to go home.  😁

• Like 2

There is a period of time when the new folios are loaded and the computer is completely down. You won't be able to buy a drink and you shouldn't attempt to activate your shipboard WiFi. If you try too often, you'll be standing at GS getting a new S&S card and account. Don't ask how I know.

• Haha 3

We did our first and only B2B to date on the Horizon out of Miami Last April/May. ( months overlapped during our B2B.  There were approx 84 of us.  We gathered in one of the dining rooms as instructed in the letter we received 2 days prior to the first leg ending.  There were assorted pastries and juice available.  There may have been mimosas as well.  We were there close to an hour.  Carnival staff went to each table where each person signed their statement of charges, our old cards were scanned there, and we were given an envelope with our new cards.  We then were lead off the ship where we literally went out of one entry point, walked across the glass front of the building, and walked back onto the ship via a different entry point.  I don't even remember making a new picture but we may have.  There was no group pic of those doing the B2B due to it being considered a larger group.  We were then free to be in the normal public areas.  We chose the Serenity area as it was almost deserted.  We probably had the ship "to ourselves..at least 84 +/- of us" for maybe 45 minutes before the new group began boarding.  It was fun to do the B2B.  Walking down the hallway the last night of our first leg seeing all the suitcases out knowing we were the lucky ones put a huge smile on our faces.  

So you are allowed a bottle of sparkling wine/wine per legal adult, so can you access the bottle of sparkling wine for the second B2B and make mimosas? If no mimosas are distributed and you want one sooner than available?  Asking for a friend...😉

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:03 AM, chocolate melting cake said:

We've been on several, all handled differently. February, 2024 was one of the quickest. We gathered in the comedy club while they took our S&S cards, handed us new ones, sent us into a deserted ship to have a free picture taken and relaxed for a couple of hours.

107b.jpg

What ship and port was this?

1 hour ago, CruiseHealing said:

So you are allowed to leave and you receive a pass re-board.  Will they allow you to bring on two bottle of wine and 12 pack of can soda?  If so, I would just go to my car to resupply.

or you can bring them on, at the beginning of the b2b

Alcohol and Beverage Policy
The same policy applies - click here for details. You are entitled to bring onboard the same quantity as stated in the policy, per guest, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins.
https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4529

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CruiseHealing said:

So you are allowed to leave and you receive a pass re-board.  Will they allow you to bring on two bottle of wine and 12 pack of can soda?  If so, I would just go to my car to resupply.

Yes, you can do this.

I have four cruises B2B2B2B booked on Splendor next year. My plan is to exit the ship and explore Sydney during the turnover days and return to the ship toward the end of the boarding window with a 12-pack of soda, each time.

• Like 1

B2B in Miami was a joke.  Some security guy wanted to use his power and stopped the group of 47 people in the hallway back to the ship.  They had to go get a chair because an elderly lady had trouble standing.  Diamond and Platinum were back on the ship before us B2Bers.  Terrible!!

Posted (edited)

Always changing rules. Years ago in Jacksonville you would go to the customer service desk around 8am to 10am whenever you wanted and have it in 2 minutes. No leaving the ship necessary or customs check.

Edited by If_this_is_tuesday

Posted (edited)

We're considering a B2B but realize that all the shows will be the same.  Wondering if the comedians are usually the same, as well. If not, has anyone, gone from one ship directly to another?

Edited by jocon

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, jocon said:

We're considering a B2B but realize that all the shows will be the same.  Wondering if the comedians are usually the same, as well. If not, has anyone, gone from one ship directly to another?

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/punchliner-comedy-schedule/

Carnival moves the comedians a lot.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jocon said:

called "side to side", quite common as well.

On 3/30/2024 at 2:35 PM, ninjacat123 said:

So you are allowed a bottle of sparkling wine/wine per legal adult, so can you access the bottle of sparkling wine for the second B2B and make mimosas? If no mimosas are distributed and you want one sooner than available?  Asking for a friend...😉

This is what I'm thinking as well. I mean my friend is considering this.🤣 We don't usually carry on champagne since we'll have Cheers, but it might be worth doing it in this case - IF my friend has room in her carryon. 😉

• Haha 1