Brilliance questions

Posted (edited)

It’s been 9 years since my last trip with Royal.  I am diamond but it seems like there have been some/lots of changes.  We are traveling on the Brilliance.

1.  Muster procedure- where/when do we go to check in? 

2.  Is there a cost for ordering room service?  Does it matter how much you order?  (I know to tip delivery staff)

3.  Is there pizza available other than buffet?

4.  Does the Park Cafe have the roast beef sandwiches?  What are the hours of operations?

5.  How much are the specialty restaurants?  Can you reserve dining times/places online before our trip?

6.  Do I need to make show reservations ahead of time?

7.  Do they still have the “Quest”? 
8.  Is there a ‘Behind the scenes’ tour?  Cost?

9.  What is the cost for the drink package (alcoholic beverages)?
10.  Can I use my diamond drink coupons for specialty coffees?

Thanks!

Edited by cincicruisers

1 hour ago, cincicruisers said:

It’s been 9 years since my last trip with Royal.  I am diamond but it seems like there have been some/lots of changes.  We are traveling on the Brilliance.

2.  Is there a cost for ordering room service?  Does it matter how much you order?  (I know to tip delivery staff)

4.  Does the Park Cafe have the roast beef sandwiches?  What are the hours of operations?

5.  How much are the specialty restaurants?  Can you reserve dining times/places online before our trip?

Thanks!

You have lots of questions.  I'll try to answer.  Your muster station is on your set sail pass.  When you board just ask for directions.  The morning before you board click on the video on the app and watch.

Continental breakfast is free.  Anything else is $7.95.

Pizza and roast beef sandwiches locations depend on your ship. Cost of restaurants varies.  Sometimes discounts if booked in advance. Reservations I'm not sure about.  Show reservations depend on ship and show.

The rest of your questions I'm not sure about.  We're  D+ but I'm not a coffee drinker.

I just happened to watch someone's 2024 video re: a tour around Brilliance last night and can answer a couple of these:

3) Pizza availability: With no Sorento's, they serve pizza out of Park Cafe.

4) Yes, Park Cafe (in the Solarium) has the roast beef sandwiches.  Hours unknown.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

Thanks!

1. muster will be on your sea pass card.  Go as soon as you board the ship and get it done.  Watch the video first on the app.

2. Room service is $7.95 plus 18%.  Coffee and rolls in the morning is free.

3.Pizza is on the buffet and in Park cafe in the solarium. 
4. park cafe does have roast beef sandwiches pretty much every day.  Hours are usually 1 p.m. to dinner time and then opens in the evening until late for pizza.

5. Book your speciality restaurants ahead through the cruise planner  for some discounts.  Otherwise book on board for full price.

6.  No show reservations needed.

7. Quest is alive and well but will be smaller.

8. There are behind the scenes tours on sea days that can be booked in the planner. Some times Diamond plus are offered theatre behind the scenes free.

9. Drink package prices vary…. Watch for sales in the planner.  Beer is around $8, most cocktails are $14-$15 plus add 18% to all that.

10. Diamond get 4 drinks a day.  A tall cappuccino or americano is free to D+ in the morning at the latitude coffee place. Not sure about D but you can always use one drink for that if you choose. You can also use them for water or soft drinks.

We just spent 46 nights on her, just before she broke down. She shows wear and tear but is a great ship with great staff. Sounds like she’ll be on her way again soon. 

Edited by cruiselvr04

11 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

5.  How much are the specialty restaurants?  

Other than the coffee card, just about everything in the planner is dynamically priced - a change from 9 years ago.