MDR Reservations before a cruise

susan0623

Once I have made MDR dining reservations using the app in advance of a cruise, am I able to change or look at other available reservation times?  It looks like I only have an option to cancel as opposed to changing the time.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Far easier to sort on board.  With anytime dining you really don't need reservations any longer 

I always pre book, as I am Dairy Intolerant, so like to be with the same waiters every night, as they get to know my needs.

Posted (edited)

I have been on a lot of Celebrity cruises, but I am soon to be going on my first E class ship, the Apex in May.

We have been assigned early dinner seating.

I am confused by the choice of 4 MDR.

Do we have the choice of going to any of them on any night, or will we be assigned a specific one for the whole cruise?

I have tried to book online and it states I already have dining time, so I am unable to do so.

Edited by gonecroozin
Grammar mistakes

10 minutes ago, gonecroozin said:

I have been on a lot of Celebrity cruises, but I am soon to be going on my first E class ship, the Apex in May.

We have been assigned early dinner seating.

I am confused by the choice of 4 MDR.

Do we have the choice of going to any of them on any night, or will we be assigned a specific one for the whole cruise?

I have tried to book online and it states I already have dining time, so I am unable to do so.

I hear you.  This is super confusing.  I will be on Edge this summer and actually want a set table with set waitstaff for late seating (this is what I requested.)

From what I’ve read (and anyone can correct me, please,) the booking process does not reflect reality. The website/app/booking vehicle asks you to pick when you really do not need to. On board, for the MDRs you can then eat whenever you want and wherever you want.  I also believe, you can still have a set dining time with set waitstaff as I want (sounds like I need to go sort that out when I get on the ship as I have no options for dining reservations anywhere that I can see despite others saying they’ve done it. So that’s another confusing piece of this.)

All of the MDRs, from what I’ve read, have the ability to serve you from any of the menus, so it’s more about the ambiance/availability.

It is confusing because the booking process says one thing/passengers say another/and then there is the reality that exists.  I hope I have it all right, but decided I literally can’t stress about that as we will be able to eat. 🙂

3 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I hear you.  This is super confusing.  I will be on Edge this summer and actually want a set table with set waitstaff for late seating (this is what I requested.)

From what I’ve read (and anyone can correct me, please,) the booking process does not reflect reality. The website/app/booking vehicle asks you to pick when you really do not need to. On board, for the MDRs you can then eat whenever you want and wherever you want.  I also believe, you can still have a set dining time with set waitstaff as I want (sounds like I need to go sort that out when I get on the ship as I have no options for dining reservations anywhere that I can see despite others saying they’ve done it. So that’s another confusing piece of this.)

All of the MDRs, from what I’ve read, have the ability to serve you from any of the menus, so it’s more about the ambiance/availability.

It is confusing because the booking process says one thing/passengers say another/and then there is the reality that exists.  I hope I have it all right, but decided I literally can’t stress about that as we will be able to eat. 🙂

I just phoned Celebrity UK .

The agent was really helpful and said that you do not need to book any of the MDRs ahead of the cruise.

Just go to the MDR of your choice on any night at your assigned dining time (or Select anytime) and you will be seated. 
Hopefully it will be that simple. 🙂
I am excited to finally sail on an E class ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses.  I should clarify we will be on Silhouette.  For S-class, anytime dining, do we just show up when we want?  Does the wait time tend to be long?

Thank you!

Susan

If you already have reservations you can look in the cruise planner to see if there are times that are more suited to you but to change to another time you first have to go in and delete the original booking. Same goes for adding specialty dining when you already have a MDR booking.  Not a big deal but it can take some sime to sort it out.  If you want to stick with anytime and just go, yes you can do that but at peak times there could be a wait.  We prefer to do reservations and avoid the waiting but it is all personal choice.  Oh, to delete an existing reservation go into your cruise calendar and click on the reservation so it comes up with the option to delete it.  That part took me a few minutes to sort out when I wanted to add some specialty dining dates.

6 hours ago, susan0623 said:

Thanks for the responses.  I should clarify we will be on Silhouette.  For S-class, anytime dining, do we just show up when we want?  Does the wait time tend to be long?

Thank you!

Susan

We always pre book. Wait times will vary depending on how many passengers turn up at the same time - just like any other restaurant. If there is a long wait you may be offered a buzzer enabling you to wait in a bar. Wait times can be reduced if you tell the check in staff you are are happy to share - our choice is a table of 6. We don't cruise to eat alone we do that at home.