Vista Stateroom near elevator

Techno123

Some advice please. We have booked 9061 on Vista but it opens onto the 4 forward elevators. I have read reports on the older ships which state this is not a problem BUT I believe Vista has an 'overweight' alarm which rings quite loudly if too many people squash in.

There is an option to move further aft to 9085 which is between the two elevator banks, however, when we were on RSSC Explorer last year, midship deck 9 there was horrible vibration from that middle section between the port and starboard suites. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire so question is for anyone who has sailed on Vista - is it noisy by the elevators and is there any vibrating machinery or  crew work areas by 9085?

Just to say, @Hlitner took a stroll down deck 9 for me and 9085 is opposite a service door so we have changed to 9079 which Hank said was the better option - I do love the lovely, helpful people on Cruise Critic 😁 Fingers crossed for church mice as our neighbours 😜😜

• Like 1

We stayed in a stateroom on Vista recently, 9048 at the forward elevators -- never again! It was very noisy from people in the area in front of the elevators, as well as in the corridor...never heard the alarm, however.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @BarbaraM that is the exact position we originally had but on the other side so was exactly what we were concerned about 😱 so we have now changed to 9079 which is between the two sets of elevators.

It's my own fault for not double checking the deck plan - we originally wanted 9060 but that had gone and 9061 was available - silly me thought they were across from each other 😜. Anyway, after your advice I'm glad I changed.

I don't know about hearing "Ding!" in that cabin, but there is a privacy issue with 11024 and 11027 that probably applies.  The doors on those cabins align perfectly with the elevator lobby so when you open the door, anyone in the lobby ends up looking in all the way across your (messy?) cabin.

Fincantieri never really polished the design.  The forward elevator lobby was moved back for a fire bulkhead -- that's why the forward staircase is separated from the forward elevator lobbies and the lobbies align with cabin doors.  The aft elevators still have a button for Deck 5, nevermind there is no Deck 5 aft elevator lobby -- that space was needed so the Ember and Red Ginger could have a kitchen.  Etc.

• Like 1

We were in 9072, no vibration, no noise.  It is midship. Last cruise on Vista, we chose a cabin very close to the aft elevators.  We were concerned about noise. There wasn’t any. It was a great location.  We liked it so much that we chose the same location for an upcoming cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Redtravel 9072 is opposite 9083 - close to the suite we have gone for. Strangely, on the starboard side, it goes 9011, 9019 then 9021,9027 so where are 9013, 9015 and 9017 and then 9023 and 9025?  This is why I got confuddled with the position of 9061 😂

On 3/30/2024 at 9:46 AM, Techno123 said:

Some advice please. We have booked 9061 on Vista but it opens onto the 4 forward elevators. I have read reports on the older ships which state this is not a problem BUT I believe Vista has an 'overweight' alarm which rings quite loudly if too many people squash in.

There is an option to move further aft to 9085 which is between the two elevator banks, however, when we were on RSSC Explorer last year, midship deck 9 there was horrible vibration from that middle section between the port and starboard suites. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire so question is for anyone who has sailed on Vista - is it noisy by the elevators and is there any vibrating machinery or  crew work areas by 9085?

I’m not Hank but I am on Vista and am a helpful CC member 😊

I took a couple pictures of 9061 for you. It is right by the elevators. One picture from the hall and one from the elevator lobby. Personally I would choose something a little further away if you can. 

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3817.jpeg

• Like 2