Aurea Massage Benefit

80sGal

Can someone explain to me how this is booked?  Do I book this in advance like excursions on the app?  Or on board?  I recall seeing something about "2 days prior to sailing" but I can't find that on my booking anywhere.   Thanks!  

15 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Can someone explain to me how this is booked?  Do I book this in advance like excursions on the app?  Or on board?  I recall seeing something about "2 days prior to sailing" but I can't find that on my booking anywhere.   Thanks!  

On a recent sailing, I booked a Swedish massage pre-cruise. On boarding, I discovered that they were offering specials on embarkation day. 80 minutes for the price of 50 minutes.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

A massage is no longer included in the Aurea experience booking, you get a discount on booking one. If you look in your booking there's an option to add the massage. 

Booking Aurea, I could not figure out a spa discount.  It was advertised as part of the package, but never received a discount.  Pre-cruise prices were same as onboard??? 

From what I see, the pricing pre-booked is significantly less than the full onboard pricing.  It's the same with excursions, specialty dining, and beverage packages.  I believe this is the pre-book discount mentioned as a benefit.  What is not mentioned is the specials that are also offered on board, like @HappyInVan discovered.
I suggest taking a look at some recent reviews with price lists and dailies to see what regular prices and specials may run.  Full disclosure, this is how I'm preparing for my first MSC cruise.  I may not get the lowest price but I'll be informed and likely get a good price for everything I plan to purchase.  I'll happily take any advice from the pros. 🙂 

@80sGal- Simply purchase on the site or app before 2 days prior to cruising, the price should include the discount, then reserve the time onboard.  

• Thanks 2