RoyalUp notice question

11 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Probably because the suites on that sailing have been showing sold-out for weeks....someone would have to cancel for a suite to open and then depends how many other bids are in for suites....chances are slim.

Funny enough, the only thing not sold out on my sailing ARE the suites.  Inside, outside, and balcony are all gone.

I was deciding if I should Royal Up, but for me, it seems like it will be pointless (since it's too many levels higher), so I'll stick with the insides I have...

21 hours ago, rock the boat said:

Our RU was granted 3 days age, 50 days out from our sailing on the ICON, for the minimum bid.

From what to what?

5 hours ago, bajathree said:

Probably because the suites on that sailing have been showing sold-out for weeks....someone would have to cancel for a suite to open and then depends how many other bids are in for suites....chances are slim.

On my 3/17 Anthem sailing suites showed as sold out for months prior to sailing.  I was notified about 4 days prior to sail date that my RU from JS to GS was accepted.  Several others on my group page also received RU acceptance emails the same day I did.  I guess between any travel agent holds and/or cancellations, it IS possible.

Interestingly, the concierge's welcome letter was in our suite on check in--with the previous guests' name on it.

Teddie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, teddie said:

On my 3/17 Anthem sailing suites showed as sold out for months prior to sailing.  I was notified about 4 days prior to sail date that my RU from JS to GS was accepted.  Several others on my group page also received RU acceptance emails the same day I did.  I guess between any travel agent holds and/or cancellations, it IS possible.

Interestingly, the concierge's welcome letter was in our suite on check in--with the previous guests' name on it.

Teddie

So I can hold out a little hope 😉

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 10:26 PM, rock the boat said:

Surfside balcony to an Infinite Ocean View balcony

Appears no shortage on Infinite OVB on some Icon sailings.  Seeing as many as 80 cabins available 30 days out from a sailing, with most other categories at limited or no supply.  If that continues either prices will come down on those or the strategy is just to book a cheaper cabin and expect to be able to upgrade.  Group in my party upgraded to infinite balcony for $35/pp.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two separate bookings I know has weak bids on Family Infinite category that still has cabins available with 17 days out.  Both still in submitted status.  Virtually all other cabin types except infinite balcony is no longer available. Family Infinite had 7-9 available a week ago and now down to two.

I am assuming there is a tier process of when and how they upgrade based on availability and bid amount.  There is others that got upgraded to infinite balcony from gty balcony for min bids about 40+ days out.

Have you ever been upgraded to a cabin that you did not like? For example because of the location? Would you bid for an upgrade if there are only few cabins available in the upgraded category and the location of those cabins are not necessarily the best locations?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Have you ever been upgraded to a cabin that you did not like? For example because of the location? Would you bid for an upgrade if there are only few cabins available in the upgraded category and the location of those cabins are not necessarily the best locations?

I wouldn't. But, I still haven't won a bid that I didn't like. Most have worked out. I'm currently on the furthest point of the hump, I withdrew my spacious cabin bid because I don't want a crappy spot. I did keep my bids for JS and Suite. 2 more JS popped up and still about 10 suites are left. There were no JS past week, but I bet that some people that were in them won bids and got bumped to Suites. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Would you bid for an upgrade if there are only few cabins available in the upgraded category and the location of those cabins are not necessarily the best locations?

That’s just like booking GTY - if you don’t like uncertainty or the worst possible cabin in that category, don’t bid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I was notified 3 days before sail date.

I point out that a bid could be offered for a cabin that does not necessarily show up as available.  Recall also that there is a great chance that there was a late cancellation, OR, that a pax in an excellent location got bumped up with THEIR bid, which opens up that cabin for MY bid 🙂

• Thanks 1

Few days before my cruise there are only 2 cabins left in the category I would like to be upgraded. None of those cabins where to my liking. To upgrade to that category I would have to pay more than US 700. I have decided to cancel my bid. Too much to pay for an upgrade in which the ods where high of becoming a cabin I do not like.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Few days before my cruise there are only 2 cabins left in the category I would like to be upgraded. None of those cabins where to my liking. To upgrade to that category I would have to pay more than US 700. I have decided to cancel my bid. Too much to pay for an upgrade in which the ods where high of becoming a cabin I do not like.  

We paid $700 total to upgrade from a JS to a GS with Large Balcony, and it was absolutely worth it, but it's definitely a gamble.  If you are satisfied with your cabin, then stick with it.  Happy sailing!

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, teddie said:

We paid $700 total to upgrade from a JS to a GS with Large Balcony, and it was absolutely worth it, but it's definitely a gamble.  If you are satisfied with your cabin, then stick with it.  Happy sailing!

Teddie

Thanks. I would also be happy if my US 700 would give me a GS. Unfortunately my bid was just for a regular balcony cabin. Not really that exciting if besides that, the available cabins are connecting cabins. Yes I am satisfied with my currently booked cabin. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That’s just like booking GTY - if you don’t like uncertainty or the worst possible cabin in that category, don’t bid. 

Not really cause GTY's are usually assigned earlier in the game than Royal Up's and with a GTY you always have a chance to switch your cabin to a different location as long as they still have availability in that category. 

Maybe I have just been lucky but I am usually pretty happy with how my GTY's turn out.

• Thanks 1