FTTF Mardi Gras

I have FTTF for upcoming cruise on the Mardi Gras.  How will the people at the terminal know that I have FTTF? So I can arrive as early as possible to check in to be ready to board when it is time?  I know I still have to select an arrival time when I do my pre check  2 weeks prior to the cruise.  I also have heard that you do not need to wait if you have a later arrival time.  Just show up when I want and they will let me in.  I will then go to the waiting area and wait to board right after Platinum and Diamond and Suite guest. So what proof do I have to show when I arrive that I have FTTF?  Thanks

Your boarding pass will show FTTF or Priority so the contract employees at the terminal know you have FTTF.

Officially, Carnival enforces arrival appointment times.  It varies port-to-port, ship-to-ship, and sometimes cruise-to-cruise as to whether they will let you in the terminal to check in before your arrival appointment time.  So just be aware if you show up early you may still have to wait until your appointment time (or at least closer to it).

I was wondering the same thing. Our first post-covid cruise is coming up soon. We bought Faster to the Fun, as usual. (In addition to boarding early, we love leaving ASAP to start the long drive home.) But I had completely forgotten about the race to check in as soon as it opens and get an early boarding appointment! I hope the Port Canaveral staff doesn't make us wait since our appointment isn't until 1 p.m.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I tested this exact question at Terminal three March 8th to board the Liberty which is the same port and terminal as the Mardi Gras. Even though I had a 10:30 check in time, I got into the Priority line at 9am. We were let into the building at 9:30 and seated in the FTTF section and we started boarding the ship around 10:40. I recorded the process and the layout of terminal three if you would like to see it. Parking in Terminal 3 also opened up around 8am in case you saw the note on the site that it does not open until 10am. There will be a faster to the fun logo on your boarding pass and that is what the staff is looking for to allow you into the priority line. 

https://youtu.be/TaYJXaj2Iyk

Edited by AllgoodOnTheRoad
  • Thanks 1

Here is our dilemma - we had a cabin for 3 people so purchased FTTF.  Recently my sister got a foster child so we needed to add them to the reservation.  Our room could only hold 3 people so had to add a 2nd cabin.  FTTF is sold out so we cannot buy it for the 2nd cabin.  Any chance they can board with us?  Is a minor and a 73 year old in the 2nd cabin - all are on the same sign and sail account.  It just kind of stinks bc we literally had to pay a fortune for the 2nd cabin (an inside was almost as much as the original balcony) and now we likely cannot use the FTTF option to board.....

2 minutes ago, 4wheeltravel said:

Here is our dilemma - we had a cabin for 3 people so purchased FTTF.  Recently my sister got a foster child so we needed to add them to the reservation.  Our room could only hold 3 people so had to add a 2nd cabin.  FTTF is sold out so we cannot buy it for the 2nd cabin.  Any chance they can board with us?  Is a minor and a 73 year old in the 2nd cabin - all are on the same sign and sail account.  It just kind of stinks bc we literally had to pay a fortune for the 2nd cabin (an inside was almost as much as the original balcony) and now we likely cannot use the FTTF option to board.....

No, only the folks in the FTTF cabin can board together. Your best option may be to cancel FTTF and board together during their arrival appointment.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

I have FTTF for upcoming cruise on the Mardi Gras.  How will the people at the terminal know that I have FTTF? So I can arrive as early as possible to check in to be ready to board when it is time?  I know I still have to select an arrival time when I do my pre check  2 weeks prior to the cruise.  I also have heard that you do not need to wait if you have a later arrival time.  Just show up when I want and they will let me in.  I will then go to the waiting area and wait to board right after Platinum and Diamond and Suite guest. So what proof do I have to show when I arrive that I have FTTF?  Thanks

By the book, Fastest to the Fun does not allow you to disregard your arrival appointment.

However in practice it seems that you can disregard your arrival appointment by most people's reports on here.

This may change at any time.

Don't say you weren't warned if they make you stand in the standby line on your embarkation morning. I doubt it'll happen but you never know.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

its on your boarding pass and on your luggage tags

3 hours ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

Yes, I tested this exact question at Terminal three March 8th to board the Liberty which is the same port and terminal as the Mardi Gras. Even though I had a 10:30 check in time, I got into the Priority line at 9am. We were let into the building at 9:30 and seated in the FTTF section and we started boarding the ship around 10:40. I recorded the process and the layout of terminal three if you would like to see it. Parking in Terminal 3 also opened up around 8am in case you saw the note on the site that it does not open until 10am. There will be a faster to the fun logo on your boarding pass and that is what the staff is looking for to allow you into the priority line. 

https://youtu.be/TaYJXaj2Iyk

Will the logo be on the luggage tag after we do the check in 2 weeks prior to the cruise? because we are still 2 months out and the tags do no show FTTF at this point?

17 hours ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

Will the logo be on the luggage tag after we do the check in 2 weeks prior to the cruise? because we are still 2 months out and the tags do no show FTTF at this point?

Yes, the logo should be on your luggage tags. I am surprised they do not reflect that already. 

17 hours ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

Probably won't be loaded on the luggage tags until after you complete online check-in and print your actual boarding passes.

But you don't need to worry, the priority label on the luggage tags makes absolutely no difference as to when your luggage will arrive.

20 hours ago, mz-s said:

By the book, Fastest to the Fun does not allow you to disregard your arrival appointment.

FTTF does include that feature. That is Priority check in. Getting into the terminal at 9:30 and on the ship at 10:45 is really the only reason I purchase FTTF, but this will be the last cruise I will need it as I will finally be Platinum. Port Canaveral does it correctly too, they make people exit the FTTF area in the same order they arrived and seated. 

Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in. 

Stateroom Access

Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority water shuttle from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mz-s said:

But you don't need to worry, the priority label on the luggage tags makes absolutely no difference as to when your luggage will arrive.

This is so true, FTTF appears to have no impact on luggage arrival. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

It will not show until check in.  Otherwise, people would buy FTTF, print out luggage tage tags and then cancel FTTF

4 hours ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

FTTF does include that feature. That is Priority check in. Getting into the terminal at 9:30 and on the ship at 10:45 is really the only reason I purchase FTTF, but this will be the last cruise I will need it as I will finally be Platinum. Port Canaveral does it correctly too, they make people exit the FTTF area in the same order they arrived and seated. 

Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in. 

Stateroom Access

Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority water shuttle from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Not sure where you got this verbiage, but Carnival's Help page clearly states you must arrive during your arrival appointment.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

But as I mentioned this does not seem to be enforced at this time. Take that for what you will.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:49 PM, Elaine5715 said:

It will not show until check in.  Otherwise, people would buy FTTF, print out luggage tage tags and then cancel FTTF

Our cruise is not until November and our luggage tags have the FTTF logo on them already. I just printed them this morning. I had that same thought as you, what is to stop someone from purchasing FTTF then canceling after printing boarding passes and luggage tags. They would still get priority boarding, just not the other "perks". I hate paying the extra $$ for it, but I do it for convenience mostly. We carry on/off all our luggage and I like to be able to drop off our bags while waiting on our stateroom to be ready. I also like being able to board asap and we like to debark as early as possible ahead of the long drive home when sailing out of FL. If sailing out of SC or VA we prefer to debark as late as possible since the drive is shorter. 

8 minutes ago, 1st4our25th said:

Our cruise is not until November and our luggage tags have the FTTF logo on them already. I just printed them this morning. I had that same thought as you, what is to stop someone from purchasing FTTF then canceling after printing boarding passes and luggage tags. They would still get priority boarding, just not the other "perks". I hate paying the extra $$ for it, but I do it for convenience mostly. We carry on/off all our luggage and I like to be able to drop off our bags while waiting on our stateroom to be ready. I also like being able to board asap and we like to debark as early as possible ahead of the long drive home when sailing out of FL. If sailing out of SC or VA we prefer to debark as late as possible since the drive is shorter. 

Once I bought FTTF and cancelled it. Our boarding pass and luggage tags didn't show priority, but our S&S cards had FTTF stickers on them.

13 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Once I bought FTTF and cancelled it. Our boarding pass and luggage tags didn't show priority, but our S&S cards had FTTF stickers on them.

Last November we had two cabins with FTTF,  all luggage tags and boarding passes were marked, but S&S cards for 2nd cabin didn't have stickers.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 1:06 PM, mz-s said:

Not sure where you got this verbiage, but Carnival's Help page clearly states you must arrive during your arrival appointment.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

But as I mentioned this does not seem to be enforced at this time. Take that for what you will.

Actually John Heald posted months ago that FTTF can actually show up when you like even if you have a late arrival time for check in. 

1 hour ago, coops said:

Actually John Heald posted months ago that FTTF can actually show up when you like even if you have a late arrival time for check in. 

I believe that and that is affirmed by firsthand experiences reported here. I think carnival needs to update their FAQ page to be clear.

13 hours ago, coops said:

John Heald does not make Carnival policy and has been known to post inaccurate info before.  

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/kw/faster to the fun

Priority Check-in
Upon arrival to the terminal (during your arrival appointment), look for the Priority line to check-in. 

Yes, often this is not enforced, and FTTF and priority pax are to check in whenever they arrive, but this is not guaranteed.  Particularly when the ship arrived into port late and/or boarding started late, the port agents enforce check-in appointment times more strictly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

John Heald does not make Carnival policy and has been known to post inaccurate info before.  

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/kw/faster to the fun

Priority Check-in
Upon arrival to the terminal (during your arrival appointment), look for the Priority line to check-in. 

Yes, often this is not enforced, and FTTF and priority pax are to check in whenever they arrive, but this is not guaranteed.  Particularly when the ship arrived into port late and/or boarding started late, the port agents enforce check-in appointment times more strictly.

Correct John Heald does not make policy . He went to higher ups and they confirmed. We had no problem in Feb even though our time was 1 and we got there at 1030. Just saying.

Our cruise is not until June and I went and looked at the luggage tags and it does have the FTTF logo on them already.  So you do not have to wait till you check in 2 weeks prior to print your tags out and have them ready.

• 4 weeks later...

You will have it on your boarding pass when you go into the terminal to  in will have to show the workers your boarding pass and they will seat you on the opposite side where suite and platinum guests. Go onto you tube the sitting area is on their