State room at front of Solstice class ship?

edgekid

Has anyone ever stayed in a state room on an upper deck at the front of the Equinox or any other Solstice class ship? What was your experience? 

We have stayed in 8107/8108 three times on Eclipse, twice on Solstice, and once on Reflection.  Depending on what your definition of "at the front" is, Deck 8 is the highest (upper) deck for that location.  Our experience was uniformly good.  Some motion up front, but nothing bad.  At the tendering ports, you could hear the ship drop and raise its anchor.  You were often requested to keep the shades drawn on the cabin windows at night to improve the visibility from the bridge which was located directly above.

image.thumb.jpeg.0adc93e91cbad1b1ba950231610a8458.jpeg

Solstice in Akaroa, Dec 29 2019 

• Like 1

It’s a little hard to see but there is a crew bar tucked under the helipad.  When I was in one of the far-forward rooms I could hear partying there into the early hours of the morning since they use that area mostly in the overnight hours

89D24336-1438-4851-B7DE-C7286E52A5E6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I Like them as there is Less foot traffic past my door. Especially those who abuse the Drink Package.

The ship motion never bothers me by then I've been described as having an Iron stomach.

The sound of the Anchor chain running out at a tender port does get your attention..............

I have noticed that on the Celebrity ships I have sailed on recently the "helipad" Is Now painted with "Winch Only" and no longer has a Large H (for Helicopter Landing area) that used to be the norm.

I ask why the change but never get an answer?

probably has something to do with Lawyers...

On one cruise there was an announcement that  there would be a Coast Guard pickup of a medical emergency soon so we all went to the Sky Lounge to get the best view but the pilot

decided to make his extraction from the Lawn Club area aft so we all missed it.