Mislead for Jr Suite on Grandure

Just go to the RCCI website. Select your ship, and then pick the deck. You will see symbols near the cabin numbers that correspond to 3rd/4th pullman, sofa bed, etc.

Too bad you can't always get brochures with deck plans anymore. I've hung on to previous brochures to use for booking.

Another thought, keep the beds apart, having 2 twins and you and spouse sleep on the sofa bed. Might not be most comfortable but it would be one solution. When we vacationed and had to stay in a room with only 2 beds, mom would sleep with me and dad would sleep with my brother.

No matter what happens you will have fun.

Im surprised the TA did not know there was not a pullman bed in a JS. No where in any form does it even allude to one, it clearly states 2 twins can convert to 1 queen and a queen sofa sleeper.

Sorry your TA didn't tell you about the itinerary change. Miami is an interesting city, far more interesting than Grand Bahama in my opinion. Grand Bahama has terrible beaches, terrible shopping, rude merchants and not much to see. Don't flame me if you disagree. This is just my opinion. After the first time we were in GB, we stay on the ship if that's on the itinerary.

Go and have fun.

Susan, I agree with you. Been to Freeport, done that and wasn't really interested in going again, but hey, I gotta go where the ship goes, right? :p I was just hoping for someplace other than Florida:) Oh well, I guess I'll spend a week there in June and then go back in September for a few more days (in case anything changes!):D

RC will NOT put a roll away in the jr. suite! ... my kids are great and they will sleep together (with a little grumbling from the 15yr. old).

HHMmmm ... did they say why RCL won't put in a cot?

We've solved our problem ... the boys are going to take a twin air mattress and a $10 air pump from WalMart. I would imagine we'll be able to get a set of sheets. Heck we may just take them with us.

My daughter has even offered up her twin for the air mattress in the closet so she "can have her own room".

HHMmmm ... did they say why RCL won't put in a cot?

We've solved our problem ... the boys are going to take a twin air mattress and a $10 air pump from WalMart. I would imagine we'll be able to get a set of sheets. Heck we may just take them with us.

My daughter has even offered up her twin for the air mattress in the closet so she "can have her own room".

Because there isn't room in the cabin for a rollaway cot, that's why.

According to the RC website, a JS on the Grandeur is smaller than a JS on the Sovereign, and there is NO WAY you could have put ANYTHING, much less A BED into that cabin with the two beds and the sofabed.

But from your post I have a feeling (and this is only an assumption on my part!) that you didn´t even think about it until you realized that there is only the sofa bed as you experienced the sofa and bunk configuration on other ships. So it might be that this was not communicated between you and your TA explicitly. If it was like this I say it´s a lesson you´ve learned now to clearly communicate your wishes and to read the deck plans, brochures and the fine print. The cancellation fee sounds like one from your TA and you should have known this at the time of booking too and I´m sure it´s in your documents somewhere.

I agree, for the most part in what you are saying ... however, the TA, as a professional, should have MADE SURE the OP knew what she was buying. The TA knew that there were two children, of opposite sexes. She should have highlighted the fact that there is only one sofa bed in the room, and that would mean sharing.

As to the cancellation fee ... yes, it might be in the fine print, but the TA should have mentioned this fact when the OP booked ... just to make sure she understood that.

The TA is the professional here. She is being paid by the client for imparting her knowledge about the ship, its ports, etc. She should have be sharing this knowledge with the OP all along throughout the booking. If the port was changed to Miami from Grand Cayman, the TA should have gotten wind of this and informed the OP ... while there was still time to move over to another cruise.

As far as what the OP could do now, I would say the same thing others have said ... if she really can't live with the port change and the bed situation ... then she has no choice but cancel. See if the TA will waive the cancellation fee if she books her family on another cruise with the same TA.

Personally, if I were in the OP's shoes, I would cancel. The bed situation is bad enough. She can't have both kids sleeping in the same bed, so her only alternative is to give the kids the regular bed broken out as twins, and she and her husband sleep in the sofa bed. That's not gonna be too comfortable ... and why should she be uncomfortable? She's on vacation. And, as for the change in ports, I can kind of agree with the OP's thinking ... three ports out of five in Florida? That's a bit much. I would want something with a bit more of an "island flavor" myself.

She should see if she could change this booking to another ship/itinerary without cancellation penalty ... and if so, she should go for it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The TA is the professional here. She is being paid by the client for imparting her knowledge about the ship, its ports, etc. She should have be sharing this knowledge with the OP all along throughout the booking.

--rita

While I agree with you that the TA is the professional and he she might have not done a good job here and it could be time to find a new one for the OP I kind of disagree on the paid by the client thing.

Actually (and I still think the TA should work for the client !!!) the TA is not paid by the client but by the cruiseline. The client does not pay the TA. The client pays cruise fare, taxes and fees. Out of this amount the TA gets comission from the cruise line for the booking. The client would pay the same amount booking directly with the cruise line without a TA.

It´s us that give the TA our business and therefore they get paid indirectly by us and should work for us - the clients, but they get their money from the cruiseline.

Archived