Outside Dining -

PATRLR

I'll be in NOLA this Saturday (April 6) and was thinking it might be nice to do outside dining with a view.  Thinking of something like Tableau over looking Jackson Square.  The weather report calls for Saturday daytime high of 78 and evening low of 58.  Any sense for weather that would be comfortable dining outside?  If we can't dine with a view, there are probably better choices, which is why I'm struggling a bit with this and looking for experiences,

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I'll be in NOLA this Saturday (April 6) and was thinking it might be nice to do outside dining with a view.  Thinking of something like Tableau over looking Jackson Square.  The weather report calls for Saturday daytime high of 78 and evening low of 58.  Any sense for weather that would be comfortable dining outside?

There is a reason there isnt a plethora of outside dining in New Orleans an its because the weather can be unpredictable and sometimes beastly oppressive. Keep in mind for the 6th there is a 40% chance of rain and the humidity will be close to 85% as you get into the evening. 

If we can't dine with a view, there are probably better choices, which is why I'm struggling a bit with this and looking for experiences,

If you want an experience go to one of the grande dame dining rooms in town. I would say with these top experience overall would be Commander's Palace in the Garden District. Antoines, Galatoires, or Arnaud's also are in this category. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

If you want an experience go to one of the grande dame dining rooms in town. I would say with these top experience overall would be Commander's Palace in the Garden District. Antoines, Galatoires, or Arnaud's also are in this category. 

Yeah, we have Antoines for another night which is why we were trying for something else.  Really wanted Commanders Palace for brunch but didn't realize you need to reserve that, seemingly, months in advance.

thanks for your feedback.

Edited by PATRLR

Yeah, we have Antoines for another night which is why we were trying for something else.  Really wanted Commanders Palace for brunch but didn't realize you need to reserve that, seemingly, months in advance.

It's because Commanders still has a huge local following (because it is the best out of the bunch I listed there). Personally I would get a dinner reservation at Commanders (even if you dropped Antoines-- Commanders has much better food and service from my experience) then and try to get a brunch reservation at Arnaud's which is my favorite brunch of those restaurants. Worth it for the tableside Bananas Foster or Crepes Suzette alone.