Possible to view shore excursions before booking?

I am considering booking the Great Barrier Reef itinerary on Luminosa but would only want to do it if Carnival have shore excursions that appeal to us.

Is there any way of viewing what’s available before we book?

Posted (edited)

Go to the Carnival home page. On the blue bar across the top of the page, click "Explore" and then click "Shore Excursions". You can then search shore excursions by destination.

Edited by Poly1979
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, pfm18 said:

I am considering booking the Great Barrier Reef itinerary on Luminosa but would only want to do it if Carnival have shore excursions that appeal to us.

Is there any way of viewing what’s available before we book?

12 hours ago, Poly1979 said:

Go to the Carnival home page. On the blue bar across the top of the page, click "Explore" and then click "Shore Excursions". You can then search shore excursions by destination.

As Poly said, but make sure you are not logged in.  If you look while you are logged in, it will just take you to the excursions for any cruises already booked.

• Like 1

Once I didn't want to book a cruise unless I knew there was a cabana available at Half Moon Cay.

After pulling teeth for a half hour the PVP finally told me there were cabanas available.

She made it seem like it was a state secret and not something she was supposed to tell me.

Posted (edited)

You can put the cruise on hold at the end of the booking process then view the available excursions on that itinerary while it's on hold.  Go back into the booking and search Shore Excursions just as you would on a paid booking.  

Edited by 80sGal
Added
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Frank12 said:

You can also use Google to find independent tour companies if that interests you.

15 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I used TripAdvisor for many of our excursions on our Land & 10 day Med cruise last October.  Very happy!!

I typically shy away from non ship affiliated excursions due to the lack of protection if the excursion is late back and misses the ship. I’d rather pay more for an official one.

I had a look on the shore excursions on the carnival website but the only port on this cruise that was even on there was Brisbane (the departure port). Does this mean there are no excursions at all in Airlie Beach, Cairns or Port Douglas?

Posted (edited)

depending on your sail date, it is might be toooo early for shore excursions to be added for that specific sailing. once carnival finish working with the excursions company's for that sail date, the excursions will be added to the website

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pfm18 said:

I typically shy away from non ship affiliated excursions due to the lack of protection if the excursion is late back and misses the ship. I’d rather pay more for an official one.

I had a look on the shore excursions on the carnival website but the only port on this cruise that was even on there was Brisbane (the departure port). Does this mean there are no excursions at all in Airlie Beach, Cairns or Port Douglas?

True, that has been a concern for me as well. I also use TripAdvisor to research what is available in an area and read the reviews to see what it's all about. I can get an idea how much an excursion might cost so I can factor that in my budget, especially if Carnival hasn't posted options yet.

I hope you find a great excursion in Australia!  "Oz" is on my bucket list as well😸

On 4/4/2024 at 12:51 AM, pfm18 said:

I have Australia booked for the summer...don't have Port Douglas, but we are stopping at Cairns and Airlie Beach.  Sorry you can't access descriptions, but these at least give you an idea of possibilities.🌞  

Airlie Beach Shore Excursions _ Tours & Activities _ Carnival Cruise Line.pdf Cairns Shore Excursions _ Tours & Activities _ Carnival Cruise Line.pdf