MDR menu on European/Greece cruises

We have only cruised the Caribbean, usually 7- or 8-day cruises and are familiar with the main dining room menus.  We are taking a 10-day Greek cruise, and we are wondering what to expect.  The ships have the new theme menus, are they the same on a cruise in Europe or Greece?  I have tried looking for menus but couldn't easily find any.  

thanks

I'm booked on a 10 day cruise that has a couple of stops in greece. I've never heard of a special menu other than the usual for different ports. I'll follow along but im expecting same old menus.

we may be on the same cruise.  if it is the same menus - Caribbean night, Italian night, French night, American night, etc.   what do they do for the extra 3 days? and do they really do an American cuisine night?

I've heard that lobster is not usually offered on Med cruises; it's not readily available, and it's not something that appeals to European passengers. There might be other differences, based on availability and preferences.

Posted (edited)

The menus are pretty much the same fleet wide. Lobster is available ($) and appeals to Europeans as much as it does to anyone else. It isn’t offered on the last formal night (apart from UK cruises.) I suspect it’s more a case of the local provision cost not appealing to Miami based accountants? 

longer cruises usually do what recording artists do when they need to put food on the table quickly. Produce a “Greatest hits” compilation. Expect to see “Best of Royal” and “Now that’s what I call Royal 86!” (I made that last one up!)

I always crack a smile at some of the theme night choices. Roast Beef on “Taste of France!”🇫🇷 It’s not that the French don’t eat beef, they do (as long as it’s French,) it’s just that “le Rost Bif” is their passive aggressive name for the English! As if that weren’t bad enough, “Taste of the United Kingdom”🇬🇧 night included Escargot’s 🐌!

Don't even get me started on the Desserts. “Sticky Toffee Pudding” and “Spotted Dick and custard” are only eaten by American tourists in London, British Schoolchildren from the 1960’s and advocates (as opposed to Avacardos) of Marks & Spencer’s “Nostalgia” range of classic puddings!

On the Med’ cruises, “lobster night” is glossed over by the substitution of some sort of mildly obese Shrimp? 🍤 

Enjoy!

Edited by Jetdriver787

Posted (edited)

I did the 10 day radiance to Panama and other ports and we had 10 different menus. American night they offered a hamburger which is what I ordered. They do have 10 different menus, I'm sure as I experienced it just different ports. We also had UK night. Mushy peas and such. Nothing to write home about. But they have enough menus for each night even without lobster night.

I cant name all 10 menus ... but they do have 10 menus. 

Edited by firefly333

thank you for the replies.  I'm not a lobster eater but my husband is, so he will be sad if there is no free lobster night.  Sad they aren't different from the Caribbean routes but still looking forward to dinner.