Room access & luggage

Is there an estimated time for when you can access your room and also what time the lugggage will show up in the room?  (non-priority boarding)

The ship is the Mardi Gras if that matters.  

1:30 rooms open up.

There is no rhyme or reason to when your bags show up. The Priority for Diamonds/Plats and FTTF are just feel good stamps on the luggage tags and dont mean too much. Bags show up when they show up.

• Like 7

Luggage shows up through the day with little rhyme or reason as to when. It is generally all delivered by the time you are finished with supper.

Posted (edited)

If you are concerned about having a swimsuit for the pool on Embarkation, pack one in a backpack.  I would also pack an outfit for dinner in the backpack just in case the luggage is delivered late, if that is important to you.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 4

1:30p is pretty close to clockwork for room access.

If you made me approximate an average luggage arrival I'd say around 4p with pretty wide swings mostly attributable to the cruise type..... 3 night weekender, early; Journeys (with Rose Dawson bringing her 20 steamer trunks), later.

• Haha 2

You can never predict what time the luggage arrives  I've had all ours waiting when we got to the room at 1:30, and I've had it not show up until 9 or 10 in the evening, after dinner. The first night is always casual at dinner, for that reason.

• Like 1

This last cruise was the first time our luggage didnt arrive by 5.  After 27 cruises it was also the first time I did NOT pack any clothes in out carry on (figures).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I always travel with a carry-on and a backpack per person. Still, we always hand the 2 carry on to the porters. I guess I'm sick of lugging them by that point. No reason we couldn't carry them on ourselves. Maybe I'll give that a try on our next 'short' cruise where they typically aren't as heavy. Old habits die hard I suppose.

3 minutes ago, jsglow said:

My wife and I always travel with a carry-on and a backpack per person. Still, we always hand the 2 carry on to the porters. I guess I'm sick of lugging them by that point. No reason we couldn't carry them on ourselves. Maybe I'll give that a try on our next 'short' cruise where they typically aren't as heavy. Old habits die hard I suppose.

My Apple Watch says I burn 14 calories dragging my carry on up to my stateroom. 👍😁

• Like 1