looking for QE Britannia dining room table number map

skidroe

Where can I find a table # map for the QE Britannia main dining room.

If I book an Britannia balcony high fare, I can choose the table size and location

Which level is "open seating", "reserved  seating".

You can’t book a table. You will find a card with your allocated table number in your stateroom on arrival. If you mean Cunard fare you can choose the early or late slot for fixed dining but you can only express a preference for table size. Freedom dining means you don’t have a fixed time slot, table or table size. You just arrive at the restaurant at a time of your choice but you may have to wait to be seated at busy times. You can check if your table table / time suits you on embarkation day usually after 1 30 and ask to move if it’s not suitable providing there is an alternative option available.

3 hours ago, skidroe said:

Which level is "open seating", "reserved  seating".

Open will typically be deck 2 and reserved on deck 3 on QE (and QV), but it's not a hard and fast rule, in both directions. Sometimes they will put reserved seaters on to 2, but the more usual scenario is that someone on open dining, if they arrive a bit after the two sitting times, will find themselves - for that particular night - on deck 3. It's all about balancing workload and table capacity. QM2 is the other way around and I've no idea about QA.

I know that the seating plan and numbers isn't fixed: I did a QM2 once from SOU-HAM-Nordics, where SOU-HAM was part of a NYC-HAM Crossing. So the complexion of passengers changed radically after SOU and then again after HAM. Because there were more extended families after SOU, they needed quite a few more tables for 4, 6 and 8 passengers, and they reconfigured the seating in the central areas, upstairs and downstairs, accordingly. They appear to have a number of plans and can flip them around according to the passenger composition for a given sailing.

Seat numbers are also subject to change. They start from a plan for that too, but if you are on open dining, the front desk will say to the wait staff member "table 47", you get led off while the wait staff member tries to remember where that is, then discovers that table 47 has someone on it, or hasn't been cleared. So one thing that can then happen is that you get shown table 49 and the staff discreetly swaps over the table number signs.

• Like 1

For QM2 at least, this table (whatever number it may be from time to time) must be the ultimate table to be assigned to for 2.  Anyone ever had it?  If so, did you randomly get assigned to it or did you specially request it?

IMG_1444.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChrisMV said:

For QM2 at least, this table (whatever number it may be from time to time) must be the ultimate table to be assigned to for 2.  Anyone ever had it?  If so, did you randomly get assigned to it or did you specially request it?

IMG_1444.jpeg

Would hate that table. I should much prefer something upstairs next to a window with light and a view. On that table the only view might be the back of the Captain’s head when he appears. 😀

We got the 4 seater table on the opposite side once. We were assigned late dining, which we didn’t want as we were traveling with my young niece. My father spoke to the maitre’d, asking to be assigned early dining, and provided him with a monetary tip.

When we arrived at the assigned table we were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed the table placement as we met many interesting guests sitting at the captain’s table behind us. 

5 hours ago, ChrisMV said:

Yes, I've had that table a couple of times, and they some times have 2 tables on left and right sides if the big table isn't in front. That's with Open dining though on QM2 that's usually upstairs, and I also prefer a window. It's not as "goldfish bowl" as it may look, not many people are going down that stair well, and the main passageways are well to the sides, so they get a lot of staff movements on them, whereas around that table there isn't that much footfall.

If that big table is in use, it seems to get a lot of solo passengers assigned to it - and that tends to get rather convivial, with much laughter, so I think that takes away some of the attention!

If we weren't in BC we'd be more than happy with that table every night.

We use one of the two curved staircases every night, although we emerge at port side rather than centre to avoid walking closely past other diners. We don't notice any of the goldfish below on our descent. My wife is far too busy watching she doesn't trip on the hem of her gown or that her heels don't miss a step, and I'm too busy watching that she doesn't fall and preparing in case I need to catch her.

• Like 1