Question on Sunset balconies

Is motion sickness an issue for you?

If it is, the mid-ship stateroom will be you best choice since they typically get the least amount of movement in high seas.

The Sunset area is wonderful for views, but may get LOTS of up and down movement as the ship moves forward into swells during high seas or storm activity.

Otherwise, my choice would be a Sunset stateroom. That way you can always see where you have been...

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I missed your response about the points.  Not sure what you mean by bidding for a specific concierge location on a Solstice class ship.

No problem. I refernced the bidding directly from the OP's first post as their comment:

"We were thinking about bidding on a concierge or standard sunset balcony".

I took that to mean by way of Celebrity MoveUp.

Neither I nor they ever mentioned anything about Solstice class.  However, the OP does reference this thread with regards to a Bermuda cruise.  Coincidentally, Celebrity originates Bermuda cruises on Eclipse out of Cape Liberty NJ.  So it would be a Solstice class ship, on which both standard and concierge class sunset balconies exist.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I took it directly from the OP's first post:

We were thinking about bidding on a concierge or standard sunset balcony.

I took that to mean by way of Celebrity MoveUp.

Neither I nor they ever mentioned anything about Solstice class. 

The OP does reference this thread with regards to a Bermuda cruise.  Coincidentally, Celebrity originates Bermuda cruises on Eclipse out of Cape Liberty NJ.

I said Solstice since the only cruise to Bermuda (as stated by the OP) I found was on Eclipse.

If you do a move-up to concierge you could get any cabin in that class. If they have a balcony cabin midship that they consider good, then in a move-up to concierge class they could end up in a terrible location.  That is why I specifically said that a bid for concierge probably is not worth it.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I said Solstice since the only cruise to Bermuda (as stated by the OP) I found was on Eclipse.

If you do a move-up to concierge you could get any cabin in that class. If they have a balcony cabin midship that they consider good, then in a move-up to concierge class they could end up in a terrible location.  That is why I specifically said that a bid for concierge probably is not worth it.

Got it - we ended up saying the same thing regarding S-Class. LOL.

I happen to be on Eclipse this June for a Bermuda sailing and just checked my MoveUp eligibility, and both the standard and concierge sunset veranda are listed as their own bid category.  So I guess as they are their own categories, when available they can be specified.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Got it - we ended up saying the same thing regarding S-Class. LOL.

I happen to be on Eclipse this June for a Bermuda sailing and just checked my MoveUp eligibility, and both the standard and concierge sunset veranda are listed as its own bid category.  So I guess as they are their own category, when available it can be specified.

Yes. I misread it. I read it as bidding on a Concierge Cabin or a Sunset Veranda, not a "concierge sunset veranda."

I am on a July sailing in Aqua. I have only sailed on Constellation and Summit.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Yes. I misread it. I read it as bidding on a Concierge Cabin or a Sunset Veranda, not a "concierge sunset veranda."

I am on a July sailing in Aqua. I have only sailed on Constellation and Summit.

I read it twice to be sure.  To Bermuda in July?  If so, I think you will like the S-class ships. We've sailed on Summit a lot and like her, but she is starting to show her age a bit IMO.  Some different dining and drinking options on S-class.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

To Bermuda?  If so, I think you will like the S-class ships. We've sailed on Summit a lot and like her, but she is starting to show her age a bit IMO.  Some different dining and drinking options on S-class.

Yes, the Eclipse.  I was saying I have previously only sailed the Constellation and Summit.  Personally we prefer that size ship.

• Like 1

After researching the choices, we decided to stay where in our original cabin. We're in a prime verandah cabin on the "hump", deck 9. We were too wary to try for a decent sunset cabin. Maybe next cruise we'll select whatever we want when booking.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 7Trainguy1951 said:

After researching the choices, we decided to stay where in our original cabin. We're in a prime verandah cabin on the "hump", deck 9. We were too wary to try for a decent sunset cabin. Maybe next cruise we'll select whatever we want when booking.

Funny - so are we on our 6/23 sailing.  Also a very good location IMO.