Pre cruise excursion Oahu

Posted (edited)

We are flying in the day before boarding the spirit in Honolulu and am looking for any recommendations for a private island tour.

We see some online but most get back around 6 pm or so and our boarding is at 430. 

Neither of us have been to Hawaii before (This is state 50 for me) and would like to see as much of the island as we can while making our check-in time. 

I have heard the traffic is bad and want to leave the driving to a  local.

Any ideas appreciated!

Edited by WakeView4Us

Traffic is bad due to congestion but it is very easy to drive in Hawaii, we rented a car and saw the sights we wanted to see before our cruise.

I have not used them but Robert's Tours were mentioned many times when I was doing my research.

Sometimes NCL offers a pre or post excursion option, did you look into that?

Congrats on 50 states!  We have 4 left!

There is a lot to see in Oahu.  Driving is easy, other than the traffic jams around Waikiki.

Robert's Tours are good, but they start and end in Waikiki.

If you like to see Pearl Harbor, it's best to book your time for Arizona Memorial.

https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/233338/ticket/16

Other places to see, not too far from airport or Aloha Tower (for ship), include Punchbowl Cemetery, Pali Lookout, Ionali Palace.  Even Aloha Stadium Swap meet.  No time to go to Polynesia Cultural Center to enjoy it fully.  But you can stop at Waikiki for a bit of time.

If you still don't want to drive, it can be expensive to hire a private driver, but that gives you flexibility.

We're partial to Pearl Harbor. But if you want to see as much island scenery as possible in a short amount of time, a helicopter tour is probably best, if you can afford it.