Can I make an 11:40 SEA flight

I just got a flight change on my post-cruise flight from Seattle, and don’t know if I should cancel and rebook. My flight was originally scheduled for 14:05 and was moved to 11:41. My ship is the NCL Sun and I would be disembarking on 6/17 which is a Monday. I am platinum and so qualify for priority disembarkation, I was not planning on doing self-assist but can do it (I’ve done it before). Just not that familiar with SEA, my only other flights there have been red eyes on a weekend. 

You should be able to make your flight.  The RCI Quantum (4,900+ passengers) will be disembarking at Pier 91 on Mondays as well.  It would be best if you did carry off your own luggage and get yourself to SeaTac.  The taxi and Uber/Lyft car are just outside the terminal doors.

Summer airline travel at SeaTac is quite high, and Mondays are also a busy day for business travelers.

• Like 2

all I can say is good luck. Have a back up plan just in case.   Just because you may dock at 6am, does'nt mean you will get off the ship at 6:05am   

5 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It would be best if you did carry off your own luggage and get yourself to SeaTac.

This is the best way to make your flight. Carry your own luggage and jump on a yellow taxi, I think its a flat rate of $40 or $45 from pier 66 to airport

We have made flights earlier than that - walked off with luggage, called for an Uber (walk to the pickup area), at the airport in about 30".  Can never promise but we have made our flights each time.

It’s  tight but doable. If you do not have TSA Precheck, look into SEA spot saver:https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver. It’s a free service that lets you schedule your time through security. If you have TSA Pre and CLEAR- then I’d absolutely feel comfortable with 11:40. Keep in mind bag drop will be a zoo, so if you have a loyalty program with your airline that will help with time as well. 

Randomly, I will be at SEA at that time flying in from NY with my annual Bermuda cruise 🙂

Thanks everyone, especially the tip about spot saver. Unfortunately, I don’t have loyalty with the airline I’m flying. I decided to change it up and book with delta (which I’ve flow 4 times total) because the flight times were better and they had reasonable connection times. 

I think the plan is to do carry off and then get a ride share or taxi to the airport with either spot saver or pre-check. Might try and do carry on only and avoid the bag drops altogether. I looked and their just isn’t a lot of great options for flights to switch to unless I want to take a red eye

9 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

Thanks everyone, especially the tip about spot saver. Unfortunately, I don’t have loyalty with the airline I’m flying. I decided to change it up and book with delta (which I’ve flow 4 times total) because the flight times were better and they had reasonable connection times. 

I think the plan is to do carry off and then get a ride share or taxi to the airport with either spot saver or pre-check. Might try and do carry on only and avoid the bag drops altogether. I looked and their just isn’t a lot of great options for flights to switch to unless I want to take a red eye

If you can avoid bag drop, I think you’ll save yourself a lot of grief. I only check a bag for this Bermuda cruise and it’s always in June. I’m Sky Priority with Delta and last year bag drop took me 40 minutes. Especially with two cruise ships disembarking that day that will be the best move.