Prepaid Gratuities Refund

I found out I have a $200 OBC for a cruise 60 days out. I have already made final payment and prepaid gratuities with that payment. I also plan to buy the drink package before the cruise. Here is what I want to do, is it possible?   1) Get a refund for the gratuities I already paid 2) Use that refund to buy cheers (along with some extra money) 3) Use combination of OBC and $ to pay for gratuities on the ship. The main blocker is getting an actual refund for the prepaid gratuities. Otherwise, I will not be able to use the OBC for Cheers or Gratuities unless I wait to board to buy Cheers, which would be more expensive.

You can request a refund of the prepaid gratuities. It will be credited to original form of payment. It can't be done online - need to call Carnival or your TA

3 hours ago, haehaehaley said:

Why not just use the OBC towards cheers? You can use your onboard credit before you get on the ship. 

Except - OBC received from a TA for the booking is usually provided as Cruise Cash and not available until you get on the ship.

No idea if that applies to OP or not...

Posted (edited)

It came from my original booking with Carnival. Let me look into using the OBC for prepaid Cheers.

Edit: I see it now. For some reason, I didn't think you could use the OBC prior to the cruise. This makes it much easier.

Edited by jhp8
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 5:00 PM, jhp8 said:

I found out I have a $200 OBC for a cruise 60 days out. I have already made final payment and prepaid gratuities with that payment. I also plan to buy the drink package before the cruise. Here is what I want to do, is it possible?   1) Get a refund for the gratuities I already paid 2) Use that refund to buy cheers (along with some extra money) 3) Use combination of OBC and $ to pay for gratuities on the ship. The main blocker is getting an actual refund for the prepaid gratuities. Otherwise, I will not be able to use the OBC for Cheers or Gratuities unless I wait to board to buy Cheers, which would be more expensive.

None of these options make any real sense to me.  Your grats will be the same amount for the cruise, as will Cheers.  Getting a refund of those prepaid grats so that you can purchase Cheers with your OBC still leaves you having to pay for the grats in the same amount.  Just buy Cheers ahead.

Edited by DramaQueen22
  • Like 1