HAL Transfer: FLL to PEV

Has anyone taken the HAL transfer from FLL to PEV?  I’ve attached the screenshot of the only information they give you.  I’ll be dropping some of my party off at PEV then returning the rental to the airport and was thinking this might be a good option to avoid the lines at the entry kiosks..  Except there are no details to base my decision on!  Hoping someone on the board has done it and can give a brief rundown; most notably, departure time and place.  Thank you!

IMG_1381.thumb.jpeg.d9b1f631015badcd086a4509e3fcb44a.jpeg

If you mean the Port Everglades entry kiosk, there is usually not an extensive delay. Additionally, all vehicles are subject to review, I believe.

I don't think I've ever waited more than 5 minutes in probably 150 entrances.

I have not taken a HAL transfer but a cab from Port Everglades to FLL was $20 in March.  Ubers are usually less expensive, $15 from FLL to the port in March.  I usually Uber to the port to embark and cab to the airport when I disembark.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Has anyone taken the HAL transfer from FLL to PEV?  I’ve attached the screenshot of the only information they give you.  I’ll be dropping some of my party off at PEV then returning the rental to the airport and was thinking this might be a good option to avoid the lines at the entry kiosks..  Except there are no details to base my decision on!  Hoping someone on the board has done it and can give a brief rundown; most notably, departure time and place.  Thank you!

IMG_1381.thumb.jpeg.d9b1f631015badcd086a4509e3fcb44a.jpeg

If you book a Holland America transfer, you meet them in baggage claim.  There will be people with Holland America vests on and a clip board.  You just give them your name, they check you off and put you on the next bus to the cruise port.  We have left the airport early, around 9:30 to the cruise port but we have also left around 10:30 - 11:00, when we have gotten there later.  

6 minutes ago, shipshapegirl said:

If you book a Holland America transfer, you meet them in baggage claim.  There will be people with Holland America vests on and a clip board.  You just give them your name, they check you off and put you on the next bus to the cruise port.  We have left the airport early, around 9:30 to the cruise port but we have also left around 10:30 - 11:00, when we have gotten there later.  

Thank you, @shipshapegirl!  Do they send additional information post-purchase with timeframes and last bus?  It’s super-hard to plan without any details.  

Just now, *Miss G* said:

Thank you, @shipshapegirl!  Do they send additional information post-purchase with timeframes and last bus?  It’s super-hard to plan without any details.  

We actually have a cruise coming up in a couple of weeks leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale.  This is the information that is included on your boarding pass.  If you have prebooked your transfer, they will be looking for you when you get to the airport.  I have attached what is on my boarding pass so you will have an idea of what to expect.

Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Ship Transfer: After completing your landing formalities and claiming your luggage, a representative from Intercruises Shoreside and Port Services will meet you after you exit the Customs/baggage claim area for your transfer to the ship. Our representatives can be recognized by their Holland America Line sign they will be holding. If you cannot locate a representative upon arrival, please call them locally at 954-591-5871. PLEASE NOTE: If you have purchased air on your own, Holland America Line must be advised of your air schedule at least 14 days prior to arrival. Please complete Online Check-In at our website (www.hollandamerica.com) with your flight information or have your travel professional contact Holland America Line at 1-877-724-5425 or 1-206-286-3900. If Holland America Line does not receive the flight information, you will not receive the transfer and will be ineligible

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Cab will be cheaper and quicker.

Yeah, only by $4.00, though.  I just hate having to assert myself with the driver and sit awkwardly alone with them.  Uber/Lyft are out due to past experience so I was hoping the HAL shuttle would be a good option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Yeah, only by $4.00, though.  I just hate having to assert myself with the driver and sit awkwardly alone with them.  Uber/Lyft are out due to past experience so I was hoping the HAL shuttle would be a good option.

We also like being able to give them our luggage and not having to worry about it anymore until we see it in our stateroom.  We have taken this transfer a lot.  If you get there early, you will get out on one of the first transfers which is early but they do not tell you an exact time.

8 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Honestly, the cab drivers from FLL to the port (and back) are the shadiest I've ever encountered. I would take this cruise transfer any day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, shipshapegirl said:

We also like being able to give them our luggage and not having to worry about it anymore until we see it in our stateroom.  We have taken this transfer a lot.  If you get there early, you will get out on one of the first transfers which is early but they do not tell you an exact time.

Thanks.  I’ll be dropping family at the port and will check my luggage there.  The problem is timing.  The last time I did this, the wait to enter the port was a really long uncertainty at 20 minutes, and then there’s the shuttle from the rental facility to the airport to factor in.  I’ll be FaceTiming with them tomorrow so I’ll ask what time they’d like to be at the port.  Thanks for the agenda item!

6 minutes ago, julia said:

Honestly, the cab drivers from FLL to the port (and back) are the shadiest I've ever encountered. I would take this cruise transfer any day!

You are so right!!!  I just hate taking a cab in Fort Lauderdale.

14 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Good luck!

I’m going to need it if I call HAL!  😂

I’ve sent an email to Intercruises.  If they don’t respond, I’ll try calling.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

@shipshapegirl's post #6 includes three different phone numbers. You might want to try calling each of them to get a better sense of timing and the overall process. Good luck!

I have taken this transfer lots of times.  I usually take the hotel shuttle back to the airport around 8:30 in the morning.  We are usually some of the first people to arrive at the cruise port.

15 minutes ago, shipshapegirl said:

I have taken this transfer lots of times.  I usually take the hotel shuttle back to the airport around 8:30 in the morning.  We are usually some of the first people to arrive at the cruise port.

Which is great if you have priority boarding. Otherwise, it just means a longer wait in the terminal. But that's rather a moot point for us, as there are always at least 2 of us travelling together, and paying HAL for each person separately can work out to be quite a bit more than a taxi or uber.