RETURNING FROM TAHITI

Acrusa

At LAX, there are free luggage carts in the international customs-area baggage claim.  You can easily take the carts out of TBIT, take a left at the street and walk to the DL terminal (T2/3).

Interestingly, at SFO there is a charge for the carts inside customs - $6.

Now, the important question....are you on two separate tickets from PPT to LAX to ???.  If it is one ticket, and the bags are through checked, you can just drop them off after leaving the customs area.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

At LAX, there are free luggage carts in the international customs-area baggage claim.  You can easily take the carts out of TBIT, take a left at the street and walk to the DL terminal (T2/3).

Now, the important question....are you on two separate tickets from PPT to LAX to ???.  If it is one ticket, and the bags are through checked, you can just drop them off after leaving the customs area.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

2 separate tickets 

Then you will need to schlep the bags yourself.

Hope you have plenty of cushion in your timing.  If you miss your DL flight, you will be considered a no-show, and the fact that you were delayed out of PPT will mean nothing.

Caveat emptor.

Posted (edited)

According to Delta they just finished the 2 billion dollar sky walk between international terminal with moving platform just wondering if anyone has had experience using it.

I was thinking of the 2pm flight to JFK 

I've noticed your boarding Natica after We disembark the 26th

Edited by Acrusa

6 hours ago, Acrusa said:

Can we use luggage carts between Tom Brady Int. and Delta Terminal 3 on the SKYWAY  at LAX.

Not sure about that, but I can attest that LAX is hell on  earth. 😝

1 hour ago, Acrusa said:

According to Delta they just finished the 2 billion dollar sky walk between international terminal with moving platform just wondering if anyone has had experience using it.

I was thinking of the 2pm flight to JFK 

I've noticed your boarding Natica after We disembark the 26th

That is an airside connector.

You will be landside after passing through customs in TBIT.  As such, you won't have access to that connector.  Plus, you will have to take your checked bags landside to DL to have them checked for your next flight.

We picked up our luggage at Delta put it

on a cart and walked about 1/2 a mile to 

Bradley term. Checked in at Air France, they took our luggage.  We went to the Air France lounge.  It closes at 11 pm.  Our plane to Papeete didn’t leave till 12:50am.  It was a really long walk to the gate. I was tired and a golf cart was offered, so got a ride most of the way. The golf carts were all along the walkway. All was well just a long haul.

11 hours ago, judi666 said:

We picked up our luggage at Delta put it

on a cart and walked about 1/2 a mile to 

Bradley term. Checked in at Air France, they took our luggage.  We went to the Air France lounge.  It closes at 11 pm.  Our plane to Papeete didn’t leave till 12:50am.  It was a really long walk to the gate. I was tired and a golf cart was offered, so got a ride most of the way. The golf carts were all along the walkway. All was well just a long haul.

Which is the reverse of coming FROM the TBIT to Delta.

On 4/7/2024 at 3:31 PM, Acrusa said:

Can we use luggage carts between Tom Brady Int. and Delta Terminal 3 on the SKYWAY  at LAX.

If you arrive at TBI and are taking a domestic flight on Delta you can use the luggage carts but have to exit TBI and walk outside to Delta. When you get to Delta you need to recheck your luggage and go through security again

5 hours ago, Travrat said:

If you arrive at TBI and are taking a domestic flight on Delta you can use the luggage carts but have to exit TBI and walk outside to Delta. When you get to Delta you need to recheck your luggage and go through security again

is it a far walk?

50 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

is it a far walk?

50 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

is it a far walk?

We walked to JetBlue but I don’t remember which terminal it was. It took about 10 minutes. LAX is a horrible airport. It is not passenger friendly at all. They have a shuttle bus between the terminals but you have to load your luggage on and off by yourself so it’s actually easier to walk if you can

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Acrusa said:

is it a far walk?

Well, you could go to the LAX website and see.  Or google maps.  Or google earth.

One man's "far walk" is another man's "short hop".