Disney Excursions

My mother and I have a September European cruise booked.she had mentioned the loyalty levels are just able to book their excursions and we don’t have the option until the end of June. Why does Disney release their excursions so late? I use NCL 90% of the time and they try selling them immediately. I’m thinking of just finding non-Disney excursions to get the planning process moving along.

3 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

My mother and I have a September European cruise booked.she had mentioned the loyalty levels are just able to book their excursions and we don’t have the option until the end of June. Why does Disney release their excursions so late? I use NCL 90% of the time and they try selling them immediately. I’m thinking of just finding non-Disney excursions to get the planning process moving along.

DCL opens excursion reservations based on loyalty levels.  Highest level can book around 4 months out.  Not sure if there's any specific reason for opening them so late, but most other cruise lines where you can book, basically, as soon as you make a reservation also require payment for those excursions when you make the reservation.  DCL doesn't charge you for your excursions until you board the ship.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Hopefully we have the option of paying before we board. I always try to have as much paid for before sailing.

Excursions will be charged to your onboard account after you board the ship. However, you can make a payment toward your onboard account before sailing by calling DCL (or having your travel agent call, if you used a travel agent). This is typically described as "prepaying gratuities" but since all charges are handled the same way, you can think of it as prepaying excursions too. You can also purchase "onboard credit" through the Onboard Gifts section of the Disney Cruise website. 

• Thanks 1

I like to price out my excursions and gratuities ahead of time and buy that value of gift cards using my red card, rounding up for extra expenses. Applying a GC to your onboard account is easy enough, just glance over at guest services when you pass by and take the  opportunity when there's no line. 

• Like 1