Unlimited Premium Wi-Fi Question

No, you can sign up for one person for one device at a time. You can use on your phone, computer or iPad for example but only one device can be logged in when in use. No need for two people unless you both want to be connected at the same time.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CruisingGator96 said:

No, you can sign up for one person for one device at a time. You can use on your phone, computer or iPad for example but only one device can be logged in when in use. No need for two people unless you both want to be connected at the same time.

Thank you so much. Do have to use NCL internet or can my wife use her jet pack with our verizon service?

3 hours ago, jack300s said:

Thank you so much. Do have to use NCL internet or can my wife use her jet pack with our verizon service?

I have no idea how a jet pack works. I’m guessing if you need WiFi you’ll need to sign up for ncl.  

4 hours ago, jack300s said:

Is a "jet pack" a mobile moden/router? Or some other device?
I'm not American so I don't know what plans Verizon has, but unless they offer "Internet at sea" or something like that you can't use it. If the DO offer Some sort of "at sea" plan, check their pricing. It can be eye-watering expensive!

• Like 1

In the old days, a jetpack on a Verizon plan was a piece of hardware and served the same purpose as a hotspot on your phone does today. It tethered your laptop to your phone so your laptop could use your mobile data plan.

Fast forward to today...  @jack300s, we don't have Verizon so I'm not familiar with their International plans. We have Tmobile and use mobile data in the various ports, even from our balcony if the signal is strong enough from the "local village". We only use ship's wifi when truly at sea. And maybe not even then if it's frustratingly slow (pre-Starlink).

Hope that helps!

Denise

Verizon service will not work while on the ship unless you roam on the Cellular at Sea network. You don't want to do that. It's *incredibly* expensive.

10 hours ago, mistertomatoe said:

I was told the only difference with premium is VPN isn’t blocked. Makes some sense since it’s work people that use VPN. The speed and everything else is the same. Is this true?

From an end user perspective, yes. The premium does not block streaming ports. It is all satellite internet (whether traditional or Starlink), as limited by the ship’s infrastructure. 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:07 PM, jack300s said:

To use the jet pack you would need to have cellular service, and while out at sea you won't have that unless you bounce off the ship's satellite system, which puts the jet pack into roaming mode.  It would be akin to not turning your phone on airplane mode.  Your Verizon bill after returning home could easily be into the thousands and maybe even the tens of thousands of dollars.  The NCL wi-fi plan will be much less expensive.

I think I just had the Premium last time on my phone, then used my cell as a hotspot that my wife connected though.  I think that worked for both of us, but it was a while ago.