Any ship you've been particularly impressed with?

On 4/10/2024 at 1:39 PM, DarrenM said:

Only been on 4 ships.

1. Celebrity Reflection

2. Celebrity Beyond

3. Celebrity Edge

4. Disney Magic (I think) but it could have been the other one 2002.

The Celebrity ships were vastly superior to the Disney one in my humble opinion. But there again, why would an adult want to go on A Disney ship without their own little creatures. My kids liked it at the time. but they were only 9 and 5 years old.

I am now putting in a No.5.

5. Celebrity Constellation.

My least favourite ship to-date. Still nice enough but seriously in need of a huge overhaul.

The inside public spaces were really nicely decorated. But the Pool deck area, and the cabins are so so tired.

There was some serious maintenance work going on whilst we were on the ship. Never seen that before. Actually grinding off steel handrails whilst people were sunbathing.

And painting the hand rails almost every day.

A very tired ship.

The other criticism for me with it, is its old fashioned, and ever so slightly dull.

Huge room for ballroom dancing that next to no one used. Although the cocktails there were immense, Rendezvous lounge I think. And the massive reflections lounge which looked like an airport lounge, only used at night.

Buffet not as good as edge ships either.

Still loved it, but can only compare to others I have been on.

12 hours ago, sjde said:

Are the other Cunard ships pretty much the same? 

Yes and no.

The others are cruise ships, not liners but the onboard activities and service is quite similar (e.g. afternoon tea on all 3). QM2 is bigger than QV & QE, which are used much more on world cruises (choose your segment) and, say, summer Alaska season. QM2 is more the one for Atlantic crossings (NY - Southampton - Hamburg - NY), which, of course have zero en route port days.

• Thanks 1

Not to sound like Pollyanna but I’ve been impressed by every ship I’ve been on. 

I believe our first three cruises were on ships that were scuppered. 

Looking back Princess is still a favorite but we cruise based on itinerary. 

• Like 1

After many wonderful  cruises on various lines.  My favorite class ship is RCCL's voyager class.

The ship suits me.  Everything about it.  When the Voyager of the seas was the biggest ship to hit the ocean and new.  Wow was I impressed.  2017 I returned to a voyager class which was the Navigator of the sea, Southern Caribbean.  Recently I went on the Oasis of the sea.

Oasis class is interesting for sure.  But the voyage class is the ship for me. 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2024 at 10:06 PM, Canuker said:

…QM2 is more the one for Atlantic crossings (NY - Southampton - Hamburg - NY), which, of course have zero en route port days.

Of course a NY-Southampton-Hamburg  (or the reverse) crossing WOULD  have an en route port day.