Car Rental Drop Off Port Canaveral

I'm dropping off car at Hertz. My plan is to drop off luggage (Mardi Gras). Then husband and 7 yr old son will go with me for the car return. Has anyone used Hertz? Where do you re-fuel before drop off? How was the shuttle?  What time do you suggest getting to the port? Hoping for an early check in. We are coming from Disney Springs, what time should i leave the hotel?

Posted (edited)

I'm planning on doing the same thing for our cruise, hoping to check in on the the ship by 11:30 or so. Coming in from Disney Springs, I would say aim to leave by 9:00 at the latest. It takes about an hour to get to the port area, so if you arrive at port by 10:00, give yourself about 45 minutes - 1 hour to fuel up, return the vehicle and then take the shuttle back to the ship. I've done a shuttle from the car rental to the ship before (in Port Everglades) and it was fine. I would imagine it would be same experience.

Edited by Nickles_1

On 4/8/2024 at 8:17 PM, cruisemiluv28 said:

I'm dropping off car at Hertz. My plan is to drop off luggage (Mardi Gras). Then husband and 7 yr old son will go with me for the car return. Has anyone used Hertz? Where do you re-fuel before drop off? How was the shuttle?  What time do you suggest getting to the port? Hoping for an early check in. We are coming from Disney Springs, what time should i leave the hotel?

If you're a Costco member compare your rate to them online. For us Budget was cheaper and using their shuttle couldn't have been easier from there to the port.