Seascape YC our thoughts so far

Moparfiend

Final Review Score
10/10
More value then we paid for, worth it, awesome.

Would we book YC again, YES!!!!

I think the key take away with MSC is you get to pick the experience level when booking, choose wisely, and set expectations inline with that. There's always bumps and hurdles with any vacation, with the right mindset any vacation is a good vacation.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2024 at 7:23 AM, dexddd said:

October.

Shift towards seafood which not our thing.  Go to filets were super tough.  Also note YC Director non existent but later reports he was out and about.

Good news is Arthur should be there.

I'm in the Mera yc right now.  Maybe it's me...but disappointed with food, as compared to a year ago.

No more customized pizza delivery to pool deck...no more freshly grilled fish at lunch buffet.  I has pizza in the main buffet...and it just wasn't "the best pizza ever".

I don't want to hijack this thread....will write my own thread when I get home.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Maybe it's me...but disappointed with food, as compared to a year ago.

It could be the chef ? We found the same to be true on the Seascape when Chef Lisa left.

P.S. I still gained 5 lbs, unbelievable.....

Edited by morpheusofthesea

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

..we've been eating with the masses at the buffet.  Fine dining isn't for us

Yes, you are right. The YC Chef is only one cog in the fine dining realm. Actually I was thinking about my breakfast plate of donuts every morning in the YC. I am sure that the YC chef had nothing to do with the pastry. A couple of months ago we bumped into the restaurant manager, and he introduced us to the new pastry chef on board. We learned 'new' does not mean better. The same donuts can be found in the Market Place Buffet, as can the fabulous Indian Butter Chicken, which must be brought into the YC from the main kitchen as well as other specialities.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm in the Mera yc right now.  Maybe it's me...but disappointed with food, as compared to a year ago.

No more customized pizza delivery to pool deck...no more freshly grilled fish at lunch buffet.  I has pizza in the main buffet...and it just wasn't "the best pizza ever".

I don't want to hijack this thread....will write my own thread when I get home.

We are onboard later this month. Hope the food improves for you. Do you know who the sommelier is?

23 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes, you are right. The YC Chef is only one cog in the fine dining realm. Actually I was thinking about my breakfast plate of donuts every morning in the YC. I am sure that the YC chef had nothing to do with the pastry. A couple of months ago we bumped into the restaurant manager, and he introduced us to the new pastry chef on board. We learned 'new' does not mean better. The same donuts can be found in the Market Place Buffet, as can the fabulous Indian Butter Chicken, which must be brought into the YC from the main kitchen as well as other specialities.

***LIVE*** from MSC Divina YC (Yacht Club) - Western Caribbean Miami 7 April to 18 April 2024

This good review has the menus and it is in the 7th night menu as a healthy choice.

I wonder about the breakfast rollmops. On my only YC they didn't have them all week. I can't find a breakfast menu but they are rolled up herring and onions. Are they the same herring and onions in the buffet and MDR for breakfast?

MSC i'm so in love with loving you.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, If_this_is_tuesday said:

I can't find a breakfast menu

Thanks for your kind words. 🙂

The breakfast menu is in the first post from Day 2 (post #32). This is the direct link (I hope):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3002165-live-from-msc-divina-yc-yacht-club-western-caribbean-miami-7-april-to-18-april-2024/page/2/#comment-67222629