How does the waitlist work (for excursions) when you already have a separate tour booked

We have a tour booked for Marsailles.  However, we are waitlisted for a different tour.  If openings become available, will our first tour that is booked actually be cancelled automatically, or will we have the option of choosing between what we are already booked on and then accept (and pay more) for the waitlist opportunity one?  Thanks.

What are the terms for canceling your other tour?  If soon enough to cancel then yes.  If not you would need to pay for the other tour.

Generally you should be able to choose.  We always had a vacancy pre cruise, but often checked on line as well.

When this has happened to us, we were automatically added to the new tour, and then the need to pay the additional $, with automatic cancellation of the tour that we had booked while on the waitlist.  And I believe this happened even if only one slot opened, so we weren’t then both on the same excursions.  Hopefully this is understandable and helpful.

Is the current Marseilles tour the same as the one you are waitlisted?  Not quite understanding the sequence.

For simplicity:  You are booked on Tour A.  You are waitlisted on Tour B.

It all depends:  on when you clear waitlist AND if there is enough time before Tour A to cancel.  Generally, there is a deadline for cancelling Tour A without penalties (unless a helicopter or other specialty excursion).

I would not take for granted that Tour A will automatically cancel when you clear waitlist for Tour B.

I have been at the counter when someone has cancelled and the next person in line got the space (not sure if waitlist was also cleared behind the scene).  Be proactive and check constantly.

If cancelled before embarkation, refund will show up on form of payment.  If cancelled while on the ship, it will be refunded as refundable OBC.

2 hours ago, coco2/27 said:

When this has happened to us, we were automatically added to the new tour, and then the need to pay the additional $, with automatic cancellation of the tour that we had booked while on the waitlist.  And I believe this happened even if only one slot opened, so we weren’t then both on the same excursions.  Hopefully this is understandable and helpful.

I thought when we waitlisted ourselves I would have 48 hours to accept the new time if we were able to get the waitlisted excursion. Moving only one of us to a different excursion is not ok!

I called as soon as I noticed this, and all was fixed to our satisfaction, so it wasn’t an issue after all.  We are a group of three, so the odd number might be the difference when many cruisers are pairs.  If you were both able to get waitlisted, it may not be an issue for you.  
Good luck 🍀 and hoping that you get what you want!

• Thanks 1