Cruise online check in— time difference

Kat in CA

28 minutes ago, Kat in CA said:

I am confused about online check in. If check in opens May 6 at midnight… if I live in California and embarkation is in Southampton, what time should I check in?

Which line? Online check-in for NCL opens midnight Florida time, regardless where you embark.

Are you flying in and sailing the same day?   

This

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/online-checkin-boarding-pass-completion

suggests you can check in on line on the website up until 48 hours before and that you will have had a notification when check in opens.    Failing that you can check in using the app  up until

1 hour before scheduled   the sailing time.   I am sure if you got to the dock 2 or 3 hours before sailing time someone would help with check in however you would need all the documentation

with the info they require.  

On 4/9/2024 at 6:56 PM, Kat in CA said:

I am confused about online check in

Somewhere on your cruise line's website, it will tell you when online check-in opens. For our recent Oceania cruise, I think it was 21 days prior, so there's no need to be fussed about checking in at the minute (or day) it opens. I cannot recall what time of day ours opened but do know it was Florida time, as that's Oceania's home port  and main office. 

I believe check in is midnight based on embarkation port. I'm in NJ and I'm planning to check in at 7pm (eastern) for our Norway/Southampton cruise. Sounds like it would be 4pm on May 5th for you in CA.

That's how it worked when we went out of Barcelona last summer.