Daytime Dress Code

tigerfan75

I would appreciate any and all comments regarding proper dressing for a QM2 QG dining for Breakfast and Lunch when in port.  It will be our first QG experience, and we will be in Norway in November.  The shore excursions in cold climates often require layered "outdoor wear" being worn at Breakfast prior to early shore excursion disembarkation.  Likewise, an early afternoon shore excursion return to the ship may not allow a change of clothes before Lunch closes.  We will typically wear denim jeans, or ballistic trousers, with heavy sweaters, etc.  What are the generally accepted norms?  Thanks.

No swimwear and possibly keep the thermal Daisy Dukes as deck wear and apart from I have no idea what ballistic trousers are unless they are an angry version of jeans, and the fact heavy sweaters might be too warm in the restaurant, your day clothes sound fine.

Enjoy. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You'd surely change out of your outdoor footwear, if you've been out on an excursion in such weather as requires heavy jumpers and presumably coats or jackets and hats. A quick trip to your cabin to dispose of the outerwear and change the footwear would be appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

You'd surely change out of your outdoor footwear, if you've been out on an excursion in such weather as requires heavy jumpers and presumably coats or jackets and hats. A quick trip to your cabin to dispose of the outerwear and change the footwear would be appropriate.

Depends on the footwear.

If it's a scramble to get to the restaurant in time, stuff hats etc into rucksack and leave by 'the desk' and coats can go on the back of chairs.

or

pop into Kings Court for a buffet lunch after wash and brush up in the cabin.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, david63 said:

Nether did I until Mr Google enlightened me

OK, just googled and they're not angry version of jeans.

Revised advice

OK for a quick breakfast and OK for lunch after an excursion I suppose but personally,  I wouldn't wear them for lunch in the restaurant.

• Thanks 1

“Ballistic trousers” is a poor choice of words.  Looked at Mr.Google, and they are certainly not bullet proof.  LOL.  Probably better described as as “cargo pants”, made from high tech fabric.  🤔