Dinning at the MDR

Hello everyone, 

It’s been awhile since we’ve cruised with RCL. In the past, we were able to order a couple appetizers to go with our entree.  Is this still allowed? Or have they restricted the order to 1 appetizer, entree and dessert for each passenger? 

On Jewel a couple of weeks ago, I told our waiter on "lobster night" that I understand the rule is now only one entree at a time. I told him I wanted the steak and also the lobster but I'd like them at the same time so I could have surf and turf. He said "I'm sorry, the rule is only one at a time". A few minutes later he came back and told me he asked his head waiter if he could do this for me and the head waiter told him it would be okay. I did not get two complete meals, which is not what I wanted anyway, but I did get a lobster on the plate with my steak meal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

On Jewel a couple of weeks ago, I told our waiter on "lobster night" that I understand the rule is now only one entree at a time. I told him I wanted the steak and also the lobster but I'd like them at the same time so I could have surf and turf. He said "I'm sorry, the rule is only one at a time". A few minutes later he came back and told me he asked his head waiter if he could do this for me and the head waiter told him it would be okay. I did not get two complete meals, which is not what I wanted anyway, but I did get a lobster on the plate with my steak meal.

Wonderful!

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Entrees come out one at a time. Apps may come at once.

From my experience apps have always come one at a time, even when I order two escargots (by far my favorite appetizer). But like you mentioned I am sure there are countless times multiple apps were brought out at the same time. 

12 hours ago, missyprincess said:

Hello everyone, 

It’s been awhile since we’ve cruised with RCL. In the past, we were able to order a couple appetizers to go with our entree.  Is this still allowed? Or have they restricted the order to 1 appetizer, entree and dessert for each passenger? 

Yes, you can order multiples.  I've ordered multiple appetizers just a couple months ago.  Whether they'll arrive all at once or individually seems to be random -- but asking politely for your preference never hurts.